twenty five

Aliza's PoV

Tony had been acting really weird lately. Every time I came into a room, he'd leave. If I tried to talk to him, he would make up some excuse as to why he has to go. I'd tried to catch up with him but he seemed to be hell bent on avoiding me. It's always went something like this.

"Hey, Tone. You want to grab some lunch?"

He'll look around to find somebody but he'll realise we're alone. He'll whip out his phone and press some random buttons.

"Sorry. I've got this meeting." He'll run out the room and he thinks I don't know he just goes and locks himself in the lab. He didn't see the way it broke my heart for him to ignore me like that because Tony is like a brother to me and the fact that he's ignoring me doesn't play well with the fact that I missed him so much when I was away.

I was currently sitting on my bed as Steve played with hair. I was noticeably upset and he knew that it always calmed me down.

"I just don't understand. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something?"

"I'm sure he's just busy. Who wouldn't want to spend time with you?" Steve didn't seem particularly interested in the conversation but I knew Tony and him didn't always see eye to eye so I didn't take it personally.

"You're a bit biased but I'll take it. It's just, as much as I love you and love spending time with you, Tony just gets me sometimes, you know?"

"Tony is a complicated guy. He likes alone time a lot more than most people. Maybe it's not you, it's him."

"He seems to be spending time with everyone else just fine." I mumbled under my breath. Tony had been fine with everyone else but me. He would be laughing away with Natasha but as soon as I stepped in the room it was like silence was ordered. A thought came to mind. I tried to turn but was immediately guided back to face forward.

"Stop moving." Steve grumbled playfully. I huffed before putting on the sweetest voice I could manage.

"Steve. You know how you're perfect right?"

He chuckled. "If that's what you think then sure."

"It is what I think and firmly believe is factual. Anyways, I was thinking, really just wondering, maybe you could talk to him?" I successfully turned and pulled out the puppy dog eyes. Steve tried hard not to waver but I saw the hard resolve crumble.

"I'll talk to him." He kissed my temple and continued braiding my hair.

"You know...we still haven't had that dinner date." Steve started off.

"How about next Saturday? I'm supposed to have an interview this Saturday for a job so I want time to prepare." I scrolled through my Instagram and remembered that I had saved something to view later.

"An interview? That's great! What hospital is it?" Steve questioned.

"It's this really big one. Loads of branches in different cities and..."

I stopped as I saw the post I had saved. When I first saw it, the only reason I put it in my collection is because I thought the girl looked a lot like me. Now as I was looking at it a lot closer, I realised it was me. It was a picture of Steve and I outside just strolling. I was looking down to the ground while he was smiling at me. The caption read:

'Looks like the Captain might have found his Miss Liberty. Captain America, our very own patriotic hero, has been with this girl for the past few months and they looked really cosy if I do say so myself. I found out that the girls name is Aliza Dawood and she's from London. Guess Cap has a thing for the British girls? What do you guys think?"