twelve

Aliza's PoV

I was still standing out here, taking in the sights. The cold air that was freezing me earlier was now refreshing as it blew through my hair. The city below was still as busy as ever and the bright lights were anything but blinding. To me, they were now home.

I couldn't hear much going on from inside so I assumed the party had now finished. Steve was supposed to come find me but I guess he was otherwise occupied for a bit but that was okay. I guess I could just go find him now. I moved away from the railing and began making my way out of the balcony area, but there was a figure that stopped me.

"You!" A voice called out from the darkness.

"Uh, Yeah?" I squinted my eyes but I still couldn't see who it was. They finally moved out in to the light and I just rolled my eyes.

"Sharon. What a lovely surprise." My voice was dripping with sarcasm and I'm sure she knew that. I moved closer to the door and I was almost through until she called out.

"You might want to stay for a little while. You're going to want to hear what I have to say." She called over her shoulder. Now that she had moved out of the shadows, I could examine her properly. She was also in a dress which meant she too must have been at the party. But her face had tear stains all over it. Her eyes were a little red so I'm sure she was a little bit drunk. She was clutching her phone in one hand and her heels in another. I was about to flip her off and leave but what she said intrigued me. I stepped away from the doors.

"Well, go on Barbie."

She looked me up and down in disgust. I don't ever remember a day where that hasn't been the case.

"It's a wonder what he sees in you." She moved back, making me take reluctant steps towards her.

"I tried so hard to keep you guys away from each other. But you just keep on coming back.
You, y-you're like a virus or something! You would have done us all a favour if you just stayed home in London with your precious British accent and kind, compassionate nature." She was mimicking my voice and fake gagged at this point. I tried hard not to show offence because I just wanted her to hurry up and spit out whatever she kept me out here for.

"But you know what you made me realise? I do need to be more compassionate. And the first way I'm going to do that, is by sharing! Sharing is caring after all!" She was shouting and slightly shaking at this point as if she was on the verge of a mental breakdown. I know how that feels so I decided to swallow down the distaste I hold for her and take a more sensible approach than I might have with her.

"Sharon. Are you okay? How about we go inside and get somebody?" I cautiously reached out for her hands but she just quickly stepped back out of my reach.

"No! This has to be just you and me!" The tears were no longer running down her face but that didn't stop the thick emotion showing in her voice. She was swiping at her phone for a few seconds while scoffing at me. I stood rigid, both alarmed for her and myself.

"You think he trusts you? You think he cares about you? You think he loves you?!" My eyes were wide with panic but the rest of me was plain confused. What the hell was she going on about? She almost lobbed her phone at me and it slid on the floor next to me. I don't know how she wasn't scared about it cracking but I thought it best not to mention that in that moment. She was still icily glaring at me, her posture reflecting just how crazy I thought she looked right now.

"Well then have a look at that. That's how much he trusts you. That's how much he cares about you. That's how much he loves you!" She spat out at me with such venom that it intrigued me just what was on that phone.