fifty five

Aliza's POV

I slowly turned around, my eyes narrowed and hands on my hips as I tried to comprehend that those words just came out of Steve's mouth.

"What did you just say to me?"

He almost looked nervous when he replied.

"I said-"

"Oh, no. I heard you. I just didn't think you, out of all people, would say something like that to me."

"Liza-" He reached out to me but I took a step back before turning around to face my whiteboard again.

"Don't Liza me." I mumbled as I closed the lid on the cap of the board pen. I heard Steve let out a huff behind me before sitting down on one of the kitchen stools but I was too engrossed in scowling at my board to respond. I heard some footsteps coming from the door and peered over my shoulder to see Bucky come in. But then, I caught Steve's eye again and couldn't help myself from slightly glaring at him as the words he just said repeated in my head. I think Bucky sensed the tension as he stopped between us and eyed us warily.

"What's going on?"

I almost didn't want to respond to Bucky but not unlike before, the anger got the better of me.

"What's going on is that he thinks we should have a DJ at the wedding instead of a band because we're having trouble picking which one to go for. If I wanted a DJ experience I would get my phone, connect it to a speaker and put my playlist on shuffle. I mean, who are we? This wedding is supposed to be sophisticated, not scream 'teenagers at a rave'."

I rambled on, not noticing the looks that the two were exchanging. It wasn't until I was done and let out a large breath that they both turned back to me.

"I think a no would have sufficed." Steve mumbled before he sent a sarcastic smile my way.

I just rolled my eyes and made my way to the cupboard to grab a breakfast bar. I peeled back the packaging and was about to take a bite when Bucky spoke up, saying something that made my eye twitch and the urge to suddenly throw a chair at him arise.

"Bridezilla much?"

Steve took a sharp inhale of breath and I refrained from sending another glare his way. Instead I just placed my bar down and slowly walked up to Bucky. He was over on Steve's side and once he saw me approaching, turned away from the coffee machine to face me. I didn't miss the way his brows furrowed in confusion and I hope I looked as menacing as I felt in that moment.

"My wedding is next week and I don't have a band yet. I have to find a new photographer at such a short notice because mine went in to labour and by the way-" I sent a unimpressed look towards Steve, who avoided my eye.

"-you recommending Dummy was not a funny joke. I have the seating chart to figure out because for some reason, every day there is another list of people we have to invite, people I don't even know so I don't know who can and can't sit with who. My dress is not back from the tailors yet and I don't even have my something borrowed. So, you want to say that again?"

Bucky shook his head and turned back to the coffee machine, now placing his cup underneath and pressing the button to let it fill up.

"So push it forward if you're freaking out like a crazy person."

My eyes bulged and I was just about to pounce on him when Steve jumped in front and placed his hands on my shoulder. I shot daggers at him over Steve's shoulder and almost smirked when I saw him slightly cower away and take a seat at the kitchen table. Steve rubbing his hands up and down my arms broke our eye contact and I reluctantly relaxed.