thirty three

Aliza's PoV

I sat, nibbling on my breakfast. It was stale bread and an apple. How appetising. I felt down because no matter how hard I tried, no one seemed to want to socialise with me. Everyone else sat in their own group of friends while I sat here with my elbow up and head resting on my fist. I sighed. Is this how life was for me before too? Every time I tried to think back to my past, I got a vigorous headache and it's like all I could see was static.

"Temhota."

I was brought out my thoughts by the black haired man standing opposite me.

"That's what they call me." I pushed my tray away and gestured for him to sit. He looked wary but eventually sat down on the seat opposite me.

"You sound uncertain."

"Honestly, I don't remember anything so if that's what they say my name is, I have no choice but to believe them."

"Is it really the only choice?" He asked cryptically. His eyes were boring in to mine with an intensity that I wanted to shroud away from. Instead I tilted my head and stared into his bright eyes puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

He ignored my question and looked around at the guards that were situated on each corner of the canteen. He turned back to face me and I still couldn't read the expression on his face.

"When you woke up, and they told you who you were, what was the first thing you thought?"

"That they were lying to me." I admitted to this stranger but for some reason I felt comfortable with him. Maybe we were friends?

I watched completely confused as he lifted himself out of the seat. "Trust your instincts." He stayed firmly before turning and walking away, leaving me with a million more questions running through my head.

I grabbed my tray and threw the contents away. I went to the guard and asked him for a piece of paper and a pen, saying I needed it for my mission planning. He was hesitant which was just plain stingy.

"Just give me the paper and pen before I get you fired for staring at my boobs for the past 7 minutes."

He gulped and quickly passed me a pad of paper and a pen. I nodded and made my way back to my room, if I could even call it that. It made me a bit suspicious that the bald guy said I was only put in this cage temporarily but still hasn't made any effort to get me situated somewhere that doesn't look like a dungeon. They kept a tracker on me too which made me feel more like a prisoner than a part of their team.

I was escorted back to my room and I was locked back into the glass. I sighed and slumped to the floor. When I did, I heard something drop. By my thigh was a necklace and a ring. I delicately placed each of them in my fingertips, inspecting them. The necklace had a small pendant that was a circle but blue and red and a star in the middle. The ring was like a tiara but it was engraved on the inside. I frowned at the words. 'Okay? Okay' I didn't recognise it but if they were in my pocket, they must be mine. I stuffed them back in my pocket and forgot about them for the time being. I grabbed the pad and began sketching on the paper. There was no window in here that showed the outside world so I couldn't even look outside for inspiration so I drew the first thing that came to mind.

I sat there for about half an hour, sketching and shading until I finished. I breathed out and held the paper up. The resemblance to the real image was uncanny. It was a drawing of the blonde man that supposedly tried to kill me. I felt quite proud of my work if I was honest, even if he was the enemy. His hair strands fell in the right place and I don't know how, but it was like his eyes were twinkling off the page. My heart tugged at the drawing but I didn't know why. I heard the door begin to open so I hastily folded the paper and stuffed it into my pocket.