five

Steve's PoV

"He sounds amazing. I'm sorry that he died so young. I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him."

"Yeah, Bucky wasn't just a friend to me. He was the closest thing I had to a family, and since he's been gone, I just don't know what to do anymore."

I felt a small squeeze on my hand. I forced my eyes to meet with hers.

"Hey, you'll always have me. I'm not planning on going anywhere. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay." She let go of my hand but I really wish she hadn't. Oddly, it felt nice. Like it was meant to be there.

She started chuckling to herself and I asked her why she was laughing.

"Maybe okay can be our always."

"Our always? Wait is that from that fault in our stars movie you made me watch?"

"No. I mean yes, but that's not the always I was talking about. I'm talking about Snape. When Dumbledore asks him if after all this time, he was protecting Harry because of Lily, who was his best friend and Harry's mother, Snape replies with always." Whenever she starts talking about Harry Potter it's like she doesn't want to stop. But sometimes, I don't want her to. Sometimes, the sound of her voice calms me down or just when I feel like I need someone.

"Of course. How ever could I be so delusional to think it's anything other than Harry Potter that you were referencing?" I playfully rolled my eyes and nudged her to let her know I was joking.

"Well, Steverini, sometimes I wonder that myself. But then I just realise that some people are just not as smart as me." She nudged me back but this time kept her shoulder touching mine. For a few minutes there we just sat there in silence and stared out into the night sky.

Aliza's PoV

"Wait, I don't know if I'm seeing things right now but, what's that?" I was brought back into reality when I noticed something flying around a certain building a distance away from us.

"Oh, that's just T- I mean, Iron Man." What the fuck? Iron Man. How did Steve say that so casually?

"What the bloody hell is an Iron Man?" He paused for a second as if he was trying to figure out what to say.

"He's an Avenger." What the shit is an Avenger?

"Urm, honestly, that's just a word to me right now. What is an Avenger?"

He looked over at me with a little bit of a surprise on his face. "You don't know who the Avengers are? Not a single one?"

"There's more than one?" Steve's eyes widened a bit further. He sat up straight and turned me to face him.

"Okay, I thought you might at least know of them, and not who they are but I guess not. You need to bear with me because what I am about to tell you might sound fictional, but it's all true. Okay?" He has this weird look in his eyes so I just nodded.

"Right, so..."
Another pause. "The Avengers are kind of like this team. A lot of stuff has happened over the past year. Aliens had come through a portal that opened in the sky, and the Avengers fought them. They beat them. They survived. And they saved the world from an alien takeover."

Always You {Steve Rogers}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें