seventeen

NOVIAIA

NOVIAIA

TONI AND I WOKE UP to the sound of her alarm clock. I just laid there not wanting to get up and leave the warmth of her bed. "Nov, come on we have to get up," Toni laughed shaking me causing me to groan and get up.

Toni had already gotten her clothes gathered for what she was going to wear for the day and went to the bathroom. I sighed heavily got up and walked to my duffle bag picking out the clothes I packed along with my toothbrush and toothpaste. I wanted to look extra good for my boyfriend today and possibly make others jealous of how cute my outfit was. Since Toni was still in the bathroom I took my chances and got dressed in her room, I slipped off my sleepwear and into my jeans and top. 

I threw my old clothes into my bag and before putting on my shoes. As I was doing this Toni came back in and froze in the doorway looking at me like she had seen a ghost or something. "What's wrong T?" I chuckled lightly looking at my best friend. She blinked a few times before shaking her head, "Nothing" Toni smiled, "You just look really good today, kinda took my breath away" She admitted. 

"Awee TT" I smiled whilst giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "you're so cute" I giggled before walking to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me since I had to pee before I brushed my teeth and did my hair. I took a total of 10 minutes in the bathroom as I finished up my hair which I put in a middle part and let it a little before leaving it in its natural state. Honestly, day 2 hair is better than wash day hair. I checked myself out in the mirror before running back into the bedroom to get my makeup bag. 

"Forget something?" Toni asked putting on her shoes 

I held up my makeup bag and she nodded giggling at me as I went back to the bathroom. Quickly I put on my lashes, did my eyebrows since they were looking a little nonexistent, and put on some lip gloss. After I was done I met Toni in her room who had her bag in her hand waiting for me. 

"I'm almost ready I promise," I said putting my makeup bag back into my duffle bag. "You're fine babe" She reassured me. The last thing I needed to do was just put on my shoes then we could get going. Toni led me to the kitchen once I was completely ready and got a snack for both of us to eat at school, "Sorry I don't have breakfast made  for you" She smiled lightly 

I shook my head, "No need to apologize, it's kinda nice not having a full-course meal shoved down your throat early in the morning" I laughed 

The two of us left her trailer and parted ways as she got on her bike and I got in my car. Where she lived was much closer to the school than my house was making a 20-minute drive into a 5-minute drive. It was day two at our new school and I could tell I was going to make another scene. 

I'm starting to think making scenes is my thing.

 As I got out of my Camaro I saw Sweet Pea sitting down at a picnic table with fangs and a couple of other serpents. Toni parked next to me and we both made our way over to them, Sweet Pea looked up and saw us. He instinctively licked his lips as he eyed me. 

"HOLA MAMÍS" Fangs yelled making Toni hit him on the back of the head as people started to look at us. "You look better and better every day" My boyfriend grinned as he brought his arm around my waist and kissed me. 

"Sweet Pea you're gonna have to keep Nova under lock for the day if you want her still to be yours" Toni laughed also noticing the people looking at us 

"Nobody's gonna touch her" Sweet Pea scoffs as he pulls me closer to him, "they'll die if they do." I was about to comment about the boys not being here until I heard their loud ass music blasting through their speakers as they pulled into the parking lot. 

"Ghetto" I shook my head looking at them 

All three of my gang members hopped out of their cars and looked unnervingly happy. "The fuck did yall do?" I asked eying them suspiciously

"We made some money, that's what we did" Hakeem grinned at me 

They didn't need to elaborate further, it seemed like the job I asked them to do was completed and we got our end of the deal. Which was 15k in cash. 

"It went well?" I asked as they all gathered around the table. "Better than well" Leo stated, "try extravagantly well," he and Kingsley said together as the two laughed. 

I shook my head at them about to say something but the bell rang signaling for us to get our asses inside. The fairly large group that we created walked into school and went to our assigned classes. 

The rest of the day went slow and I mean slowwww. The last period seemed to be going on forever until finally when the bell rang and I ran out of that bitch pushing people out of my way. I earned a few glares and yells but I didn't care, I wanted out of this hell hole. 

I was the first out of my friends to make it out of the school and sat down at the table we were at this morning as I waited for them. "Damn Nova" Fangs laughed at me as he appeared out of the crowd of students. "You seen me?" I laughed with him 

"Hell yeah, you almost knocked me down too!" He pushed me lightly before sitting down across from me on the other side of the bench. "Oopies" I shrugged 

Eventually, the rest of them came out of the building and met us at the table. "Ready to go home?" Dre asked me 

"Absolutely" I nodded getting up 

"You guys have anything planned for tonight?" Toni asked as Fangs stood up meeting with her and Sweet Pea. "Yeah we have training tonight" I nodded 

"What do you guys do for that?" Sweet Pea asked 

"Shooting, fighting, all that fun stuff" Dre smiled. He genuinely loved training days, probably because he was the most violent out of everyone besides me. The two of us both had bad anger issues and loved to fight. When we still lived at home he would go 30 with anyone who was up for it at school which was fighting for 30 seconds or until someone tapped out before then. 

"Well have fun, we got karaoke night at the Wyrm" Toni laughed 

I said goodbye to them and kissed Sweet Pea before we left and made our way home. Stay focused, we came here for a reason, I have to stay focused.