thirtynine

TONI'S POV ↴

TONI'S POV

I WATCHED IN SHOCK as my best friend got taken away in handcuffs. There's no doubt that they'll send her right to jail because of what they're sentencing her for.

"DE CALL CARLOS" Nova yells as she gets dragged out of the Wyrm. Deandre must've already been on the phone with someone because he hell left to the back of the bar where it was silent. Sweetpea and Fangs came over to us asking what the hell just happened.

"Nova got arrested for attempted murder" I say wiping down the bar making it clean again from the glass that was spilt from Nova getting arrested. "Attempted Murder for who?" Fangs asks sitting down letting his pool stick lean up against the table

"Betty most likely" Kingsley says on his phone texting rapidly, Leo was on his phone texting too. Hakeem was the only one that wasn't texting or calling someone. "Well we have to get her out!" Sweetpea says franticly

Hakeem rolled his eyes and came behind the bar with me grabbing a cup and filling it with beer. "Slow your roll lover boy. This isn't the first time Nova's been in jail, we got this covered" 

"How many times has this happened?" I ask looking at him actually shocked. He shrugged, "Less than a hundred and more than 50." We all look at eachother in disbelief, the worst we've ever been with the law is getting held over night but jail? Hell no couldn't be me. Deandre came back from his outside phone call.

"Anything?" Kingsley asks looking up at Deandre. De nodded, "Carlos said give it about a week and she'll be out"

"A week?!" Sweet Pea yells with frustration and impatience. These past couple weeks have been hard for him, losing Nova as a girlfriend because of Betty and now losing her completely. Leo shakes his head, "Chill, it might be less than that. Just give it time..."
. . . .
NOVAIA'S POV

So here i am on my way to the police station for some shit I probably didn't even do. 'Arrested for attempted murder' Attempted murder my ass. If it was me, aint shit attempted it would of been murder period.

But it's whatever. As i look out the window of the cruiser with my hands behind my back i notice we drive straight past the Police Department.

Bitch what the fuck? "Uhm, did you forget the way to the Police department cause this definitely isn't it" i say to the sheriff who was focused on the road. Without looking up at me through the mirrior he said, "Im taking you to a low security jail. You're guilty until proven innocent"

Now tell me how that makes sense. Honestly im real fucking confused, "...I though it was you're innocent until proven guilty?" I say asking and telling at the same time. "Thats now how we do things here in Riverdale" He says taking a small glance at me then back to the road.

"Not surprised. Yall stay ass backwards here.." I mumble looking back out of the window watching nothing but trees pass by cause we're deadass in the middle of buttfuck no where. "If im gonna be in here for a while can we at least listen to some music?" I ask still looking out of the window. With the grace of god he turned on the radio and i listened to country the whole way to the jail.

As we pulled up to my new home for the week i noticed how ugly it was. Yes i know jail's aren't supposed to be cute and pretty but all of the ones i've been to at least kept the shit looking presentable on the outside and in. This one looks like it was built in 50 B.C, vines all on the side of the building, 12 foot barbwire fence that looks like it would cut you before you could even touch it, and four watch towers that looked like it was going down if there was ever a hurricane.

"Come on" Sherrif Keller gets out of the car. "Oh yeah let me just open the door real quick with my hands behind my back" I say rolling my eyes. He comes to my door and opens it for me while pulling me out almost making me trip on my vans. Oh fuck they better not touch my vans. I'll stab someone if they come near my vans, STOOPID IM NOT GONNA LET YOU GET THE CHAN-

"Can you walk any faster?" The pencil built sheriff said to me. Once again i rolled my eyes walking into the jail. I can say the inside was better looking than outside. For a jail it was standard, regular degular shit.

Sheriff leads me to some room where a tall muscular man was, "Here, she's your responsibility now". I side eye him as he said this. "She's got a mouth on her too" he adds before leaving me with this man that looks like he works out three times a day every day.

"You got a mouth huh?" The man asks trying to be intimidating. I shrug looking up at him, "Doesn't everyone?" This makes him chuckle a little then leads me to a smaller room where they did my mug shot, finger print and all that typical stuff. After that i got handed a jumpsuit and lead to room down the hall with a glass door.

"Go in there and change, i'll be out here when you're done" He says. I look at the door then at him, "You might as well be in there with me cause this shit see through, no privacy even if the door was closed"

This made him roll his eyes and give me a look like 'Bitch if you don't go change'. So i went in the room, closing the very see through door and started to strip all the way to my underwear then putting on the jumpsuit that they give me. The uniforms weren't orange like most, these were black and had a number on the chest like a name tag.

Wow Nova you're 00457, last time you were 00456! Look at you moving up in the world.

As i finished putting on everything i realized that my uniform was too small. Most of them are supposed to be baggy but mine was fitted, like too fitted. Got me looking like one of those Halloween thots that want to be a sexy prisoner. "Hey tall guy!" I yell at him through the glass door. He looks up at me with a raised eyebrow, "What?"

"Can i have a bigger size? This one is too small" I ask slightly annoyed. He analyzed my body for a minute before saying "Looks fine to me. Come on" taking my clothes and leading me to the jail cells all the way down the hall, three turns to the left, down some stairs, to the right and up. My cell was on the second floor and surprisingly i had it all to myself.. Lucky me