fortytwo

TONI'S POV ↴

TONI'S POV

IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS since Nova got put in jail. Things haven't changed too much besides Sweet pea being more irritated and short tempered then normal- oh and Veronica is being strangely nice..

"I called Nova" Deandre said walking into the rec room. "How is she?" I ask looking up from my phone. He shrugs, "She's the same smart ass bitch even in jail. She said something about making friends"

"Can she have visitors yet?" Jughead asks

"Yeah, i was thinking about seeing her"

"I want to come if you do" Sweetpea speaks up. "Of course you would" i roll my eyes. He shoots a glare at me and says "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Take it how you want it"

"ANYWAYS" Leo raises his voice, "Nova should be out before this weekend"

"It's Thursday though-" Fangs says confused. "Exactly" He said back "Meaning she will be out Tomorrow"

Nova's getting out tomorrow? This felt all so surreal.. my best friend gets locked up and in less than a month she gets out again?

"Lets throw a welcome home party!" Hakeem smiles

"Yeah no our parties never end well" i say grabbing my bag getting ready for the bell to ring. "Mann you guys aren't any fun. In New York you know a party was good when someone gets shot"

"That's because people in New York are a different breed" I say rolling my eyes. "You're just mad you can say Yuur right" Deandre snickers

I glare a him before walking off to my next class as the bell rang..
. . . .
NOVAIA'S POV

It was dark in my cell, i was so sure that it was night if I didn't hear the birds chirping and a faint sound of a lawn mower in the distance.

My eyes fluttered open and what was before me completely left me in shock and slight terror. There once again was Jason Blossom sitting peacefully on the floor on the other side of my cell just looking at me. My first reaction was I jumped because I wasn't really expecting to see someone there, let alone him.

"Jesus Christ Jason" I close my eyes holding my chest, "dont you know you can't sneak up on black people? Damn"

The red haired guy chuckled a little bit. "Good morning nova, how'd you sleep?" I sat up fully on the stiff bed "Ever slept on solid cement?"

He shook his head. "Well it feels like that mixed with dust and darkness"

"So i take it you didn't sleep too well...?"

"NAH!"

A silence fell between us then i snapped my head towards him and squinted my eyes. "Wait a damn minute"

Jason looked at me confused still sitting in the floor with his legs against his chest and his arms resting on his knees. "How the hell did you get in here?"

"Oh" he chuckles, "funny story"

"tell it cause i wanna laugh"

"Alright so basically im a ghost but different"

I look at him and the imaginary camera in my cell then back to Jason. "get out my face with that shit"

"Nova im serious!"

"Yeah and im a trump supporter"

"That- okay but for real im dead"

"So your dead and you gave me rides in your ghost mobile? Can you explain to me what's really going on cause i feel like im in a fabreese comercial"

"Im dead, my father killed me because I didn't want to be apart of the Blossom family anymore"

"Jason im not finna play with you. If you're dead you coulda just said that straight up- hold up so if i can see you...then-"

"You can see ghosts"

"....Oh nahh girlfriend im good. uh uh nope" i shake my head "NOOPEEE"

He rolls his eyes at my reaction, "Chill out jesus fuck. I've helped you this far and this is how you thank me?"

I glare at him. "Only thing you helped with was make me mentally insane. Mann do you not understand how confused i was with your little hints and riddles- WAIT YOUR DAD KILLED YOU??"

"You're a little late on that one luv"

"don't call me luv"

"Sorry..luv"

"Jason"

"Wussup luv?"

"I will literally bring you back from the dead just do i can kill you again, do not play with me"

"Why are you always so grumpy?" I waited for him to say it but he didn't or at least so i thought. "Luv"

"ON GOD-" I was cut off with my cell door opening.

"Nova you got a visitor"

This has to be some type of sick joke because theres no way in hell SHE is my visitor.

I sat down in front of the small window that was in front of us. She grabbed the phone and so did i.

"Veronica Lodge, what a horrible surprise" i say looking at the dark haired girl. She smiled lightly at me "Hey Nova.."

"Dios mio, what do you want?"

"I didn't know you knew Spanish-" I glared at her and she quickly went to the subject. "I have to tell you something, and it might make you angry..actually it will, but i feel like this is the right time to tell you"

Greaaat just what i needed. More shit to add to my anger. "My day isn't getting any better so go on, spill the beans girlfriend"

She took a deep breath before continuing. "Alright.. basically when you first moved here and threw the party with the serpents and Betty saw you dancing with jughead making all the fighting start she made a plan to break you and sweetpea up. Betty's plan was to kiss Sweetpea where you would see making you break up with him...and it worked. But that isn't all- "

My jaw clenched and i tightly gripped the phone as i listened to every word Veronica was saying. "Go on" i say through gritted teeth

"Remember the instagram post that basically called you a hoe and a slut? Yeah that was also Betty.." she finished and we both looked eachother in silence

I took a deep breath and said "You better hope, for your best friends sake, that i never get out of here"

I was done with the conversation so i got up and walked back to the guards where they took me back to the cafeteria for lunch.

This bitch is dead