forty

NOVAIA'S POV ↴

NOVAIA'S POV

NOT GONNA LIE, I SLEPT
PRETTY GOOD

The guards woke us up around 9 for breakfast, i waited in a long ass line for ten minutes just to get stale bread, burnt bacon and runny ass oatmeal and to wash it down black coffee with no sugar or cream to be found. So it goes without saying I didn't eat breakfast. At noon they gave us some wack ass cheese sandwich.

No ham, no turkey, just four slices of cheese and two slices if bread and a water cup. This jail is definitely not it and i want some real food.

"Hey you" a voice says behind me as i throw away my lunch as soon as i got it. I turn around to see a girl that seemed to be my age maybe a little older and around 5'9-5'10, definitely taller than my short ass. I look at her big bodied ass, "Yeah?"

"You haven't ate all day"

"Okay? And what about it?"

"It's not healthy, you should eat something"

Girl are you my mama or something? "Im good love" i say walking away to the courtyard where they give us free time to do whatever type shit we want besides escape. "Uhm excuse me i was talking to you" She hulk yells behind me. I keep walking until she grabs my arm turning me around to look at me.

She definitely has the wrong one. "Sis imma ask you real nicely to never touch me like that again before we have some problems"

She sizes me up chuckling a little, "Alright shorty, i like your attitude. You're in"

GIRL WHAT?? IN WHAT, WHAT AM I IN?

I stand there blinking for a few seconds before asking exactly what she meant. "You're in our circle, consider yourself lucky" The girl that i still don't know the name of smiles at me

"Uhm well you see..I don't need nor do i want to be in your "circle"" I say using air quotations. She frowns at me but I continue. "If you're referring to your circle as a gang then i sure as hell don't need it. I have my own gang that at the moment, who has no leader because im stuck in this bitch for attempted murder"

I guess i spoke too loudly because someone else spoke up around us. "Wait, what's your name?"

I look at her, "Why?"

"Well rumor has it the gang leader of the 3rd street Kings was put in here but nobody knows who she is or what she looks like" The new girl says slightly too excitedly. I snicker a little, "Yeah thats me, Novaia Black" lifting up my jump suit sleeve i show them the tattoo that shows the infamous Queen with a crown cursive lettering with mandala symbol starting at my hand going all the way up to my forearm.

"No fucking way" Godzilla says looking at me in shock. "What? Yall want my Autograph or something?" I ask making the other two laugh.

Tall girl stuck out her hand and introduced herself, "Im Eve, i actually look up to you and your gang." That's ironic seeming im the one who has to look up to see her. I smile shaking her hand, "That's actually heart warming to hear."

I look over to the other girl who had dark red hair. "Oh and im Jade" she says. I shook her hand too and the three of us sat down at a nearby picnic table.

"So did you make the Kings? Or were you just like...promoted?" Eve asks. Mentally i roll my eyes knowing this will take all day explaining.

"Ehh..i was born into the gang" I start, they both looked at me with interested eyes so I continued, "My great grandpa started it with his two brothers to keep The Bronx and Queens areas safe after the Bloods and Crips started fighting causing kaos in the streets..What turned into a small city watch became a group adding new family members and friends of family members that was close enough to family. That group turned into a gang keeping the streets safe." I pause giving them a minute to process everything.

"So then how did you guy's become New York's top five most deadly gangs?" Asked Even still interesting just as she was twenty minutes ago.

"Well, police brutality started arise and during that time the whole fight between West coast and East coast was very prominent. Tupac had just gotten shot and all of the bloods in the area were riled up, and with Biggie being a crip-"

Jade interrupts, "Wasn't Tupac a crip?" Eve agreed with her question, "Yeah I thought that too"

"Pac was affiliated with crips before he signed to Death Row Records, then after that it was mostly bloods- anyways back to the story" i say slightly annoyed. "With the beef between the two gangs the crime rate was at the highest it had ever been. So my Great Grandpa staying true to his word, would shut down the gang fights. With it being guns, fists or grenades"

"GRENADES?!" The both yell

"Yes, yall gotta keep up!" I say rolling ny eyes slightly. "So they continued to do that and soon they started to get a reputation. But when the gang fights stopped, police brutality started, so they would start tagging the police cars and stations with the word 'Kingz' and a crown at the end, making that our official logo. When some of us started to get locked up for it we became "dangerous" because we started to sell drugs from weed to acid or even coke to help get eachother out"

"Wow this is more information than in thought there would be"

"So when my great grandpa had kids the oldest son was always picked to be the next leader and generations later when my dad had me and only me, so they had no choice but make me leader. With that being said, I became the first girl gang leader for the kings..and when i have kids it'll be passed down to them.."

"Wow"

"You should make that into a documentary"

I laugh at their comments as a guard came up to us saying it was time to go back inside for bed. As I walked into my cold ass cell that I shared to myself and only myself because i was too "dangerous" to have anyone else in here with me, I thought about my future kids and if i would be passing down our legacy to a boy or girl

DRACO'S THOUGHTS. . . 💭
Wheww Jesus this took me a minute to write. I'd like to say I appreciate all of you who told me to take my time and to feel better. You all are honestly the best readers and I thought you guys deserved this update.