fourtyfour

TONI'S POV ↴

TONI'S POV

THE RIDE BACK TO TOWN WAS QUIET

It felt unusual for how silent it was. Nova had stopped crying a few moments after we took her to the truck. My heart broke when she started to cry, the last few months has been hectic for her and everyone else and nobody has gotten a break.

"We'll be at your house in 20 minutes" Sweetpea spoke up lightly patting Nova's thigh. She nodded and just stayed quiet looking straight forward at the road. Pea was in the driver seat, Nova was next to him and i was on the right side of her.

Sweetpea's truck didn't have a back seat so the front was big enough to fit at least four people. Nova held her legs up to her chest and leaned up against my arm wrapping her arms around me, she looked like a small kid who was crying for their mom on the first day of school.

Soon enough we pulled up to the house. I got out first and Nova slid out of my side. To my surprise she lightly grabbed my hand interlocking them with mine as Sweetpea got out of the truck and made his way over to us. The three of us went up to the door and walked in with the door not being locked.

"Im gonna go make you some food okay?" I tell her letting go of her hand. She nodded and went upstairs to her room while me and Sweetpea went to the kitchen to find something for her to eat.

SP sighs while running his hands through his hair, "Jesus i didn't think she would be this broken." He sat down in one if the chairs at the island in the middle if the kitchen. I opened the fridge for something quick to make her.

"Well think about it Pea, she just got locked up for something that she didn't do, not even a month ago you cheated on her- no offense"

"None taken" he groaned rolling his eyes at the thought of betty and that entire night. I grabbed the jug of apple juice from the fridge and a frozen pizza from the freezer. "And she's been suspended from two schools and its only September" i stated putting the pizza in the oven and grabbing a cup for the apple juice.

"I bet they regret moving here" the boy behind he said kind of stressed

I shrugged, "Probably. I would, like shit you come to a new town in hopes for a new beginning or opportunity and instead you get in a fight with your new friends ex, you get suspended from school- get moved to another one just to be suspended AGAIN then that school closes down so you have to go back to the old one where people hate you. Your boyfriend cheats on you with your enemy, you suddenly get locked up for attempted murder that you don't even know who of and then you're alone in your jail cell with just yourself and you thoughts"

"Damn toni. thanks for the play by play for the last two months"

"Im just saying" i shrugged once more while sitting on the counter waiting for the pizza to be done. "Also i feel like this would be a good time to tell you me and Nova made out while you guys were on a break"