fortyeight

NOVAIA'S POV ↴

NOVAIA'S POV

I don't know how to break the news to everyone that we're moving back to new york.

Sweetpea is gonna be hit the hardest with the news and maybe the rest of our friends. "Nova!" Hakeem yells at me knocking me out if my thoughts.

I shake my head looking at him, "My bad, what?"

"You've been starring into space for thirty minutes now. Are you good?"

"Uh— yeah im fine" i lie knowing damn well im in a situation thats more than tough to explain

"If you want to talk about it you can" Deandre says sitting on the couch taking the controller from Kingsley as him, Leo and Hakeem switched off playing 2k.

'You might as well tell them before things get worse' i thought to myself before opening my mouth

"So..i got a call from Tîo"

"Really? What he say?" Leo asked with his eyes glued on the screen. Kingsley flipped off Deandre while turning his attention to me, "How's the gang doing?"

"They're good, everything is good there" I say trying not to answer the first question, "but uhm...he said that we're coming back home..to finish out our Senior year"

Time felt like it went in slow motion as i watched the boy's facial expressions changed from focused, to calm to in shock. Deandre paused the game while they all turned to look at me.

"We're moving back to New York?" Leo asks slowly says back to me as if he didn't hear me right. I nod my head 'Yes' and the room goes silent

"But what about Fangs, Toni, Sweetpea and Jughead?" Kingsley asks. I shrug really not knowing what to do, "I dont know"

"Well we have to tell them" Deandre states the obvious

"Should we text them to come over?" I say kind of lost

"Yeah, might as well. Did Tío say when we were going back?"

"Thursday"

"And what's today?"

"Tuesday.."

This was so bad. How am i gonna tell my friends that just got to see me since i got out of jail a new days again that im leaving.

I go upstairs to my room to think. "I should call Toni first" i say to myself picking up my phone going to my contacts. Scrolling down i press on her name and it rings.

. . . FACETIME CALL: CONNECTING

"Hey Novi. Wussup" toni's voice called out through the speaker of my phone. She smiled clearly happy to see me as she was at home sitting on her bed

"Hey Toni.." I smile back weakly. Immediately she knows something is wrong because of my tone and because i said her name instead of a nickname