twentytwo

SWEET PEA

SWEET PEA

NOVA AND I RUSHED OUT of the house as I helped Nova onto my bike and I took off without a second thought.  We needed to get to the school as fast as we could, it's not fair what they're doing. They can't just send us to the northside high school, kick us out to the south side, then close down the school. Where's the logic in that?

"Uhh... Sweet Pea!" Nova yelled from behind me

"Yea?" I yelled back still focused on the road. "I kinda have no shoes or pants on" my girlfriend replied. Damn, I rushed us out of the house so fast she didn't have time to put her pants or shoes on. I felt bad since the temperature was dropping plus it was still sprinkling with rain a little. 

"Call Toni when we get there and see if she can bring you some," I said before speeding up. Within no time we made it to the school and saw almost all of the serpents protesting by sitting down and having chains on them.

"Is this how you guys get down in Riverdale?" Nova asked while laughing slightly as she looked at everyone. I got off of my bike and put my jacket on her so she'd have some type of warm, "Pretty much."

 "Toni isn't here yet so I'm gonna call her and see if she can bring me some pants and shoes," She said whilst still on my bike, "Go ahead and sit with your friends, I'll wait here"

"Are you sure?" I asked looking at her unsure but Nova nodded and ushered for me to go. I smiled kissing her forehead before going over to where Jughead and the other Serpents were before putting chains around me as well. 

NOVIAIA

I sighed as I sat on the motorcycle and called Toni. Within a few rings, she picked up with a worried tone, "Hey babe?" 

"Hi, are you already on your way to the school?" I asked whilst fidgeting with the hem of Sweet Pea's shirt. "Yeah, I'm putting my shoes on now, why what happened?" My best friend asked 

"Do you think you could bring me some pants and shoes? I was with Sweet Pea when Fangs called and all I have on is one of his shirts and some socks"

Toni giggled a little before saying, "Sure. I'll be there in a few okay?" 

"I love you so much, thank you"

"I love you more"

The phone call ended and I rested my arms on the handles of the bike whilst putting my head down. More and more serpents and south siders started to show up to sit in front of the school, some brought blankets while others held up signs protesting. 

It seemed like the more South siders came the more Northsiders came as well yelling at them to move. None of them seemed to care though, they didn't even flinch. "I wonder if the boys know about this," I mumbled to myself still looking around. 

Of course, as I said that I heard the loud engine and blaring of music with a motorcycle following them, "Speak of the devil and he will come" I laughed 

The boys parked their camaro's near the front of the school and Toni parked her bike next to me. "Got your stuff girl," She said handing me a small backpack. Quickly I unzipped the bag and put on the shorts and black doc martins. "You're the best," I said getting off of Sweet Pea's bike to hug Toni. 

Deandre and the rest of the boys met up with us as they walked past the crowd of nosey Northsiders to sit in front of the school. "Come on," Toni said grabbing my hand as she led us to where everyone else was. Sweet Pea was standing now holding a sign while Toni and Fangs were sitting, so by default, I sat on Toni's lap. 

"I didn't expect to see you and the guys" Fangs chuckled. I looked up at them who were trying their best to protest but you could tell they had no idea what to do. I laughed lightly shugging, "They're just happy to be involved" 

"YOU GUYS HAVE TO GET UP" someone on the northsider's side yelled. All of us collectively looked at each other and then back at them before shaking our heads no, which seemed to piss them off even more because the Mayor came up with the sheriff saying that if we didn't leave we'd be in serious trouble and our parents will be notified.

"Jokes on you bitch I don't live with my parents," I said loud enough for only Toni and Fangs to hear who started laughing. "Ditto" Fangs nodded 

I really didn't care what happened to me, what are they gonna do? Put me in jail? I've already been there before and I'd be out within four days anyway. 

With more arguing back and forth some of the police officers came and cut off our chains making us leave. All of us were undoubtedly pissed but even more pissed at the fact that we had to go back to Riverdale High.