Chapter 57: Bad Brat

scoopidly doodly dooda da doop!

***

The steady beep of a heart monitor faded in and out of the girl's senses. Until she realized, it was a heart monitor.

Eyes opened slowly unveiling plain brown irises that were going in and out of focus, trying to comprehend the plain white surrounding them. 

Arms moved and weight was shifted until the girl sat up slowly. The girl had plain brown hair and almond eyes, the only thing that gave a hint to her asian ancestry. The girl noticed her hair was loose as she shifted uncomfortably, trying to get rid of the feeling that was dancing across her neck.

Her eyes swam across the room, her vision bleary from the lack of contacts or glasses. Someone walked in, but the girl couldn't see her face, her vision was so bad. The other person seemed surprised and rushed out calling out for a doctor, saying that the patient has finally woken up.

Woken up.

But she hadn't fallen asleep?

Her eyes widened as the memories and realization washed over her. Reaching a shakey hand up to her forehead she felt  nothing at all, just her smooth skin under her fingertips. The girl began to gag, the contents in her stomach threatening to leave.

She was suppose to be dead.

"You're awake now, yes?" Said a women's voice. 

The girl  looked at her and couldn't make out any details of her face, but assumed she was a doctor. The doctor looked at her clipboard,"You've been out for quite along time."

The girl glanced at the clipboard before looking back at her,"How long?"

The doctor pursed her lips,"You've been out for a very long time." She paused,"It's been seven months, Miss Caitlin Kay."

Caitlin couldn't hold it in anymore, she bent over to the side of her bed and puked blood, stomach acid, and saliva, there was nothing else in her stomach.

The doctor immediately pressed a button, and held Caitlin down. "Shhhh." she tried to soothe as a nurse grabbed a mask and pressed it against the younger girl's face. Brown eyes drooped to a close as the gas began taking affect, plummeting the girl into another sleep and hopely another dream.

But no one is ever that lucky. At least she got to rest. 

The next day was calm just some check ups to make sure she was fine and she hoped the next day  would good as well.

Haha funny.

Caitlin was awoken by her sudden lack of air, a hand constricting her throat. Once the intruder noticed she was awake, he lifted her up and shoved her against the wall being held up by the throat, ripping her away from the several IV needles that were embedded in her flesh.

"You've been a bad girl, a very very bad girl!" a voice told her that went from a playful, cheerful voice to a deep, dark resounding tone.

Caitlin desperately clawed at his grip as she began to choke, her coughing preventing her from talking or attempting to breathe.

Finally she managed a huge spit right at the person right eye to which he grunted and stepped away , tryign to wipe it.

The girl coughed and sputtered breathing hard as she grabbed whatever object she could as a weapon and was about to use it until she saw who it was.

And orange mask exposing only a extremely pissed off looking sharingan eye.

Caitlin's eyes went wide as she tried her best not to drop what she was holding in shock,"No fucking way. No, you're not real. It was a dream!"

Tobi took a step toward her,"I've got to hand it to you and your friends, I did not even plan on one of you realizing what happened especially with those seals. Who knew that your friends'  stupidity would ruin our plan."  He took another step towards her.

In an attempt to stop his advance she threw her IV at him getting who knows what all over his cloak. He stopped for a moment and got even madder,"You are so lucky chakra doesn't exist in this dimention, brat!"

Caitlin  ran out of the room and continued running down the hallway, her feet loud as they were pounding on the ground. The dark corridors made her realize it was the middle of the night. Her heart began to beat faster and adrenaline poured through her body, when she hear footsteps after her.

She followed the corridors, trying to make as many twist and turns as possible. Doing so, she found a stair case and began her ascent upwards praying that she had lost the crazy man-child. Bounding the stairs, nearly tripping several times, she got to a door, desperately prying it open only to find that once she did a gust of cold air surrounded her skin, goosebumps emerging.

Caitlin was on the hospital roof. She slowly stepped towards the edge observing the semi-busy street below.

The door creaked open revealing Tobi who, even with the mask, looked seriously pissed off,"You brat!" He took threatening steps towards Caitlin, who stood her ground. 

"Can you just leave me alone?!" She complained exasperatedly really tired of all the crap the akatsuki was pulling so early in the series,"Can you just leave all of us along, god!"

He laughed,"You and your little friends already know too much, it'd be dangerous to let you live now." He took out a gun and Caitlin's eyes widened. "See, I made sure to do my homework. These are the weapons used in this demention right? Probably useless in my own but hey," He pointed it at me,"We aren't in my own."

Caitlin grew paler,"Aw shit."

The masked man pulled the trigger but missed because of the recoil. It was probably his first time using one. He  grunted and threw it away mumbling,"Well it was worth a shot."

Caitlin started laughing at the accidental pun,"Oh my god, worth a shot, and you-" She took a huge breath and continued laughing,"Oh my god, I will make sure you never live this down!"

"Shut up, brat!" He shouted, pulling out a knife.

Caitlin tried to stop her laughs, a giggle or two still surfacing despite her attempts,"Okay, okay!" She breathed,"Okay I'm goo-HOLD UP A SECOND!"

Tobi had slashed at her with his knife, which she narrowly dodged. He brought it back with an arc, Caitlin stepped backwards to avoid it, only, she didn't step. There was nothing to step on.

She was falling, falling, falling, bounded for the street below. Her eyes widened,"FU-" A cloud of smoke surrounded her, and when it dispersed she was gone.

A masked man spoke profanities before whisking away into the night.

***

"-CK!" Caitlin ended before blinking at her changed surroundings, then she was attacked.