Sudden smirk

The crowd cheered his name so loud I couldn't even hear my own thoughts. My dad walked up to the stage as he waved at the crowd of serpent members. He smiled and then he screamed over the crowd.

"My friends and family, I have come to the conclusion that I will no longer be the serpent king" The whole crowd went from silently listening to shouting bo's and questions at my dad.

"But fear not! one of my offsprings will take my place, first welcome up my son Forsythe Pendelton Jones III to the stage!"

The crowd shouted his name so loud it probably echoed all over Riverdale, for a moment my body told me I was gonna lose this game the crowd loves him too much. This doesn't mean anything I will win is what I tried to tell myself.

Jughead walked up to the stage and mimiced my dad's way of smiling and waving to the crowd. He looked like he was confident but I knew that he was shitting his pants inside. He started to talk about why the people of the southside should vote for him but I soon stopped listening, about 10 feet ahead of me almost at the front of the stage could I see a familliar face, Sweet Pea. I felt a smile appear on my face and I quicky pushed passed the people who was actually listening to Jughead's speech. I reached to touch Sweet Pea's arm when I heard my own name being called up to the stage.

"Now to my daughter Elise Grace Jones!" My dad screamed again.

I could hear some cheers but it was mostly quiet, I tried not to get hurt by this but when I saw Jughead smirking behind the stage my temper couldn't handle it. I waved and smiled as I made my way up the stairs to the stage. My dad gave me the microphone and I started my speech.

"When I was 10 years old someone gave me a helmet, it was way to big but I still loved it so much, why you may wonder?. Well I loved it so dearly because I got it from someone who ment and still mean the world to me. My dad. When I turned 13 and my dad made me and my brother official serpents I was happier than ever, again I was confused to why I felt such happiness being a part of this community. It was because I felt the love we serpents send out to eachother, the loyalty and kindness we show is so rare too see amongst us humans now days. Seeing how appriciated my dad is as the king is incredible and insane. I've always wanted to be the queen because of the simple reason that you wonderful people in the crown infront of me are and will forever be the most amazing and kind human beings there are. I want to keep this community as close as we are today forever and I think I will be the right person to help us evolve and learn more about both oursleves and eachother. I will forever be loyal too you and I hope you take my word on that and make my dream to be the first serpent queen come true, Thank you"

I finished my speech and smiled as I left the stage. The claps and cheers were even louder than when Jughead spoke, I felt so proud until I heard someone scream.

"A woman is not gonna be my leader, I ain't gonna follow no chick. Everyone knows the tradition of having a man as the king and no woman will ruin that. I say she's disqualified and we give the crown to Jughead!"

I felt the tears and I bit my lip so hard I could feel blood running into my mouth. The people who once screamed my name suddenly screamed Jughead and that they didn't want a female leader.

My dad looked at the crowd with a panicked expression. I looked over to Jughead he was still smiling and I couldn't believe what this competition had done to my brother. My dad ran up to the stage and tried to calm the crowd. I felt ashamed over my speech, how could I say that these people were the most loyal and kind people in the world? they were screaming at me just because I was a woman, it didn't make any sense too me. suddenly I felt a hand slidning into mine and I felt a familliar warmth.

"Come on we gotta go" He said as he dragged me out of the crowd and we ran towards his bike. I put on the same helmet I had worn the day before and I let my arms glide around his waist once again. We drove for such a long time and I loved every second of it. we stopped outsde what looked like an abandoned small cabin. It wasn't a sacry one like the ones in the movies it was just very run down.

"Come on it's nothing scary trust me" Sweet Pea said and took my hand in his, his touch was like no one else's I had ever felt.

"Do you trust me?" He asked and gave me a hopeful expression

I have a hard time trusting people after what happend last summer but I did trust him I felt safe with him and I wanted to be close with him, so very close.

"Yes" I said shortly and squeezed his hand in mine.

We walked inside and it was actually pretty nice, he had put up paintings on the walls, candles and flowers by the windows and a really comfy looking couch.

"Welcome to my humble abode" he said and chuckled.

"Well thank you sir" I responded and giggled a bit.

We sat down in the couch and he looked at me with a smirk on his face. I didn't know what that smirk meant but it drove me wild. His eyes on me made me shiver they were so intense but still so calm and kind. I couldn't handle the quietness anymore. I still don't know what made me do it, I guess it came naturally. I leaned forward so I was on my knees I let my hands rest on his upper thighs and I kissed him. At first he didn't kiss me back but soon I felt his hands around my neck as he deepend the kiss. I jumped closer to him and I was now basically sitting on his lap. He moved one of his hands away from my neck and down to my waist. I felt tingles all over my body, he suddenly pulled my shirt over my head and I did the same to him. When we were just in our underwear a knock on the door interrupted us. We quickly put our clothes back on and went to see who it was. Sweet Pea opened the door and there was Fangs. He looked like he had been running and I saw the panic in his eyes.

Thanks for reading and I would again like to point out that I would love to get at least one comment, I would really want to talk to you guys and I hope you do too! A new chapter will be up very soon though!<3