Frozen lake

(Listen to The night we met by Lord Huron while reading(;)

El's Pov:

When I stepped outside I was met by the sight of Christian standing by his car opening the door for me to step in.

"Thank you" I said as I smiled towards him and jumped in the front seat. He closed the door behind me and walked around the car to his side.

"You look amazing tonight Ellie" Christian slowly said as he grabbed my thigh. He held onto it all the way to the school dance and it made my stomach twist and turn because of the butterflies I was feeling inside.

When we arrived he hurried out to my side to open the door for me once again. I stepped out and looked up at the school while breathing slowly. I was nervous, me and Christian weren't a couple and people knew that.

He held his arm out for me to grab which I did and we walked together up the stairs into the winter formal.

"El!" Veronica screamed as we walked into the big room filled with people.

"Hey Ronnie" I slowly responded as I forced a smile.

"You came!" Betty said as she joined up behind Veronica.

"I did" I said as I held onto Christian's arm.

"Drinks?" Chris said as we all got quiet.

"Yes please" I replied while slowly starting to walk away to the drink table.

When we'd had a couple of drinks I asked him if he wanted to dance, he said yes and we walked onto he dancefloor as the song "The night we met" started to play.

"Ellie I...I have to tell you something" Chris said as he looked into my eyes, I could see he was trying not to blush.

"You can tell me anything" I replied and smiled a small smile. He took a deep breath before saying the words I never thought he'd ever say.

"I love you"

I stopped mid dance and stared into his eyes. I felt a big smile spread across my face as I threw myself back into his arms kissing his lips softly.

When we released eachother I looked back into his eyes and said.

"I love you too"

"You do?" He asked a bit confused.

"Of course I do" I replied.

He smiled and we kept on dancing until he said he had to go to the bathroom, I said ok and proceeded to stand awkwardly alone on the dancefloor while couples were kissing and cuddling all around me. Some minutes went by and I started to wonder where he'd gone. He couldn't possibly still be in the bathroom?

"Elise" A voice behind me, Veronica's voice.

"Oh hi! Have you seen Chris?" I asked as she walked up to me grabbing my hands.

"Yes I have"  She said as she looked down onto her feet.

"Great where is he?" I asked impatiently.

"Let's just leave ok?" She said and looked at me again.

"What? Leave? No why?" I asked.

"Can we just leave I'm not feeling like partying" Veronica said. I knew she was lying she was the worst actress.

"Where is Christian?" I asked but she didn't reply.

"Veronica, where is he?" I started getting really irritated now and wanted to know what she was hiding from me.

"I saw him with someone and I think we shou..."

"With who?" I interrupted her.

"With Josie McCoy"

"Josie?" I asked confused.

"By the bathroom" Veronica said as I pulled my and hand to myself and stormed of to the bathrooms.

When I entered the bathroom area I was immediately met by the sight of Christian holding Josie's waist and cheek while slowly and carefully kissing her. He looked so inlove.

As the tears started to form in my eyes I screamed his name.

"Christian!"

They turned their heads and when my look met his look I knew it was over, everything he had said to me meant nothing to him. His eyes didn't show any sort of remorse or regret, just happiness. He was so so so happy about being with Josie. He didn't care about me and he definitely didn't love me. But I loved him.

"How could you?" I asked as the tears fell down my face.

"Cause I love her" He responded shortly.

"But you told me you loved me" I replied confused and hurt by what he had just said.

"And?" He replied.

"And?! What do you mean by and??" I said back in a frustrated and disappointed voice.

"You want to be loved right?" He asked as he started to approach me.

"Yes, of course I do!" I replied confused as I backed away slowly.

"I want to get laid, and you're really hot Ellie but that's all you are, a hot girl. You're not special to me or to anyone and if I told you that I loved you wouldn't you let me have sex with you then?"

I thought about what he had just said. He was right in a way, I was gonna let me have sex with me tonight. If he wanted to I would probably have let that happen. I couldn't believe that was all I was to him. I couldn't believe I had let myself be fooled by him again. At that point I lost it, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to end it.

"Fuck you Christian" I screamed as I ran back out to the party hall and out the doors I'd come thru.

I ran past the parked cars outside of our school and into the forest behind it. I ran and ran until I couldn't feel my feet on the ground. I'd lost my shoes and I was running thru the forest with nothing on my feet. I didn't care, I could't feel them since the cold was so brutal.

I fell to the ground and screamed. I screamed so loud it echoed all over Sweet water river that was located right infront of me now. I slowly stood up and walked down the small path I knew Cheryl and her brother had walked down right before Jason Blossom's death. The water was frozen but I knew that if I tried hard enough I'd be able to get through.

Ok so I didn't actually show anything here I figured I'd make a part two to when El tells sweet pea. So the next chapter with be a continuation of this.