Coma's a bitch

El's Pov:

I ran into the hospital in panic. I must have looked like a crazy person cause the girl in the reception gave me a weird look as I stumbled up to her.

"Where is Sweet Pea?" I asked as I breathed fast.

"Last name?" She asked.

"I....I don't know he just goes by Sweet Pea" I replied stressed.

"Let me see" She said as she turned away to her computer again. She pressed the buttons and chewed her gum loud. It annoyed me.

"Find anything?" I asked impatiently.

She looked up at me with her mouth still chewing the gum.

"Room 4" She said quickly as she kept staring at me.

"Thank you" I replied and ran towards the hall were I knew the rooms were. I'd spent some time in the hospital from when I got shot so I knew were most of the rooms were. Room 4 was fairly close to room 10 which I'd been staying in when I was here.

"When I saw the 4 above one of the doors I almost threw myself on the door. As it slowly opened I walked inside just to be met by Sweet Pea connected to all kinds of tubes.

"Sweet Pea" I uttered quietly as I closed the door quietly behind me.

I walked up to the bed and sat down beside him. I stroke my hand over his soft black hair. I smiled as the tears slowly but steady fell from my eyes.

"What did they do to you?" I asked quietly knowing that I wouldn't get a response.

I sat next to him for a while, listening to the rhythmic "beep" sound that came from the machine he was connected to.

"Who are you?" A voice suddenly said from above me. I looked up and was met by the sight of a doctor.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm his girlfriend" I replied as I walked up to him to shake his hand.

"Elise Jones" I said as I grabbed his hand.

"Dr. Hill, but call me Luke" He said and shook my hand while smiling.

"How's he doing?" I asked as I walked back to the bed.

"Well, he could definitely be better" he replied and sighed while writing something on a piece of paper.

"Will he be ok?" I asked.

"Yes, but I don't know when. He is in a coma at the moment and I have counted on that he won't be out of it sooner than a week" He replied while still writing.

A coma? Oh no. I thought to myself as I built up the courage to ask what the longest he thought Sweet Pea might be in this coma.

"What's the longest time you think he'll stay like that?" I finally asked.

He looked up from his paper and walked up to me.

"It's very unlikely but this type of coma has two sides you could say" he replied

"Sides? What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well on one side it's the one or perhaps two weeks coma but on the other side..." He started.

"Please I need to know" I begged.

"If he doesn't wake up in a week I'd say that the chance of him being in a coma for more than a year is above 60%" He said and laid his hand on my shoulder.

"A...a year?" I stuttered as the tears came back.

"I'm sorry" he said as he turned away and walked towards the door.

But before he left he turned around again and said.

"But think positive, he still has 6 days to wake up" He smiled before walking out and closing the door.

I turned around and sunk back into the seat next to Sweet Pea's bed. I stroke his head again before I laid my forehead on his and whispered.

"Please wake up soon, I need you, more than ever"

Thanks for reading let's all pray that Sweets wakes up before the week is over because if he doesn't then he'll be gone for a long while.