Burning skin

El's Pov:

I didn't find anyone at the Whyte wyrm, there were no traces of any living thing. If they'd had someone locked up there they must have moved him because there couldn't be anyone there. It was just too quiet.

I took another way home since I didn't want to run into the Ghoulies or Christian and his friends again. I was still shocked by the way Christian had acted before, he hadn't been mean to me at all. He had been a chill and helpful friend. Maybe it was only because he wasn't alone with me this time. When I came home I was met by my dad leaning against the kitchen stove with his arms crossed looking extremely frustrated.

"Where have you been young lady?" He said as he saw me entering the door closing it behind me.

"Where have you been?" I replied back crossing my arms in the same way he did.

"Listen up kid, I'm you dad so don't have that attitute towards me!" He said walking up to me.

"Ok fine, I went out to look for you because I'm not playing your stupid games anymore!" I screamed back in fury as the look on his face changed from mad to confused. He was probably not understanding what I was talking about.

"What are you on about child?" He asked quietly as he dropped his arms to his sides.

I kept screaming in his face.

"I'm not gonna give up Sweet Pea to become the leader of a gang of backstabbing sexist pig bikers because you think that's a good test" My dad's face showed that he was hurt by the words I had just said. I didn't really mean them but in the heat of the moment I felt like that was the right things to say. Maybe they weren't.

"That's how you feel?" He asked calmly.

"Yeah, but should I have to?" I said back.

"What do you mean?" He replied.

"I've grown up as a serpent, and a southsider. So the fact that I feel like the people who should have my back are sexist pigs is insane. You always thought me and Jug that being a serpent was about being loyal and caretaking of your own. Being a serpent was about exepting us as who we are, southside serpents. That's what I am! A southside serpent, but still you always told me that I shouldn't be with them cause they're dangerous! Do they know you said that about them? I bet they don't. You know why?" He didn't reply at all as I said these hurtful things to him. 

"I said, do you know why?!" I screamed even louder making him jump a bit.

"Why?" He said as calm as before.

"Because being a serpent isn't about loyalty and taking care of eachother. It's about saving your own skin at all times, whatever the cost may be and I don't wanna be the leader of that. I don't even wanna be a part of that" I said and breathed out.

"So what are you saying?" My dad asked nervously.

"I don't wanna be a serpent anymore dad, not when the only thing you do to me is making me lose everything and everyone I have. You've brought me and Jughead apart so far that I don't even know if he's ok or not! I haven't talked to him about anything happy or good in weeks. I miss him dad! I miss my best friend, my companion and my brother! I've lost him and now you're trying to bring me and Sweet Pea apart even after I went through so much shit to get him and I to be where we are right now. I'm happy dad! Why do you want to ruin that?" I asked. He didn't reply but I could see tears forming in his eyes, I was already crying.

"Do you know Christian's back?" I asked after we'd been quiet for too long.

"What?" He said and looked up at me with tears running down his cheeks.

"Yeah, he is and I have no idea how to handle it. I need you dad but I haven't talked to you about anything because the only thing you care about is the stupid games that you call "Tests" But I'm tired of it, so god damn tired!"

"I know I'm sorry I just.." He started but I cut his sentence.

"It's too late dad, I'm out for real this time. I'm not gonna stand behind breaking this family apart more than it's already broken. I can't lose anything or anyone. I'm inlove! I'm so fucking inlove! So goodbye dad" I said and passed him walking towards my room.

"Hey Elise, where are you going?" He asked in a broken voice.

"I'm gonna go live with mom for a couple months" I said and closed my bedroom door behind me.

I packed a bag and switched into a shirt and jeans. I went out and saw my dad crying in the sofa.

"Honey please, I can't lose another daughter" He said as I passed him.

"Bye dad, tell Jughead I love him" I said opening the door.

"What about Sweet Pea?" He asked and stood up.

"He can visit me on weekends" I said and looked into my dad's empty eyes. I closed the door and went out to my bike. I drove to Sweet Pea's trailer and saw that it was totally dark inside, he was obviously asleep. I went to his bedroom window and stood on the little box he and I had placed there for me to jump into his room when his dad didn't want him to have company.

I looked through the window and saw hi, he was laying in his bed under the covers, he looked so peaceful and I didn't have the heart to wake him up. I didn't want it to be even harder for me to leave. I kissed the window and whispered a quiet.

"I love you" Before jumping down and driving away to the bus station, my phone was dead so I had to use the payphone, I knew they had one there. I arrived and walked inside putting in a few coins. The first signals came trough before a well know voice said.

"Hello?"

I took a deep breath and replied.

"Hey mom, it's me, Elise"

New chapter babes! Hope you liked it I did like it a lot! Anyways thanks for voting and commenting on my chapters it makes me so happy! I love you all bye!