A little too much

The next morning Toni picked me up as expected and we drove to school. We walked in and decided that we were gonna sit togheter at lunch. I got my books from my locker even though Cheryl and a couple of lost souls were there too. I went to my first lesson and saw Sweet Pea and Ginger sitting in the back next to eachother. He had his arm around her and she was leaning close to him. The reaction was something I hadn't felt in a while. I was so mad and confused but instead of showing it I squeezed my nails into my hand so hard it left bloddy marks after them. I sat down alone by a table and just like that Tina, Ginger's best friend sat down besides to me.

"So annoying right" She said, I didn't know what she ment.

"What is?" I asked and looked at her.

"Them" She said and pointed behind us.

I looked and understood she ment Sweet Pea and Ginger.

"Why?" I asked again.

"They're such an annoying couple" She replied and opened her bag.

Couple? Wait what did she mean with couple? they couldn't be togheter they literally met yesterday.

"Wait they're not toghter" I exclaimed a little to loud.

"Well, tell them that" She said and started to apply more makeup on her face.

I turned around and saw Ginger leaning in closer and closer, it looked like Sweet Pea was leaning back to avoid her but that could just have been whisful thinking. Because sooner than I could think they're lips clashed togheter and they started making out. I didn't look at them for more then 2 seconds becasue as soon as they kissed I ran out the classroom and out of the school. This was just too much for me. Everything with the election and my dad and Archie and now Sweet Pea kissing another girl infront of me after what we shared togheter four days ago. The thing I was most scared of had come true, he had forgotten about me.

I could feel the tears streaming down my face uncontrollably, I sobbed loudly. I didn't mean for it to be loud but I just couldn't hold it back. Everything that had happened the last week had been building up inside me and seeing Sweet Pea and Ginger made everything overfload. Even though we had never been a couple I thought I meant more too him than a one night stand. Making out with another girl in my face was an asshole move. I heard the door behind me open and I quickly wiped away my tears.

"El are you ok?" I heard Archie's voice.

"Yeah Archie I'm fine" I replied, I heard my own voice shake and I understood Archie would never believe me.

" I know you're not" He said and ran up to me hugging me from the side.

I kept crying into his chest and I felt him hugging me tighter.

"Archie?" I said.

"Shhh" he replied.

"You still up for a date?"

I looked up at his face and he smiled.

"If you want to I'm totally still down" He said and hugged me again.

"Pick me up at 7.30 tonight" I said.

"Sounds good" He let me go and smiled.

I ran back inside and told the teacher I ran out because I felt sick. She said it was fine and I got to sit down again.

After the lesson Sweet Pea came up to me.

"Hey are you ok?" He asked.

"Leave me alone" I responded and walked away.