Southside Trash

Two hours later, Lunch.

I sat down at our usual table. Neither Veronica, Betty or Jug was there yet so I decided to sit down alone, I knew Toni would be here pretty soon anyways. I wondered if that would mean Sweet pea would be here too. Just as I thought Toni sat down next to me, Sweet Pea wasn't with her though.

"Hi!" She said and made herself comfortable.

"Hey" I said back and took the first bite of my sandwich.

"Who do you usually sit with?" She asked.

Before I could answer Archie, Cheryl, Reggie and Josie sat down infront of us.

"It's ok if we sit here right?" Archie asked knowing fully well who usually sits there.

"It's fine" I said even though I really wanted to sit with the usual gang who I saw looked at me. They then turned around and sat down on the other side of the cafeteria. It was Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Sweet Pea.

"Cool" Archie replied and started to talk with Chuck not even saying hi to Toni.

"And who are you sweetie?" Cheryl asked Toni.

"Toni Topaz" She answered.

"Nice. You new to Riverdale?" She asked while resting her chin on her elbows.

"Nah, I live on the southside" She replied and smiled.

I knew that wasn't gonna go well with Cheryl. She was a rich northsider, it was bad enough being seen with me but TWO southsiders? Not happening.

"Oh..." She started.

"I don't know if we've come to the right table guys"  She added whilst having a disgusted look on her face.

"Why?" Toni asked and touched Cheryl's hand

O no I thought to myself knowing I'd have to save Toni's life once again.

"What do you think you're doing you disgusting southside brat!?" She screamed as she snatched her hand away in a dramatic way.

"Hey I'm sorry but what do you think gives you the right to call me a "southisde brat"?" Toni asked pissed while standing up to Cheryl's level.

I knew I had to do something before this escalated further.

"Cheryl cool down ok?" I said

"Shut up you serpent bitch" Cheryl replied, grabbing her bag.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Toni asked.

"Don't talk to me" Cheryl replied.

"Gladly" Toni replied and crossed her arms.

"Southside trash" She said and spit into Toni's food. She then walked out with Reggie, Josie, Chuck and Archie close behind her.

I couldn't believe Archie let her say those hurtful things about being a southsider. He knew fully well I was a southsider too, and letting Cheryl say those things not only about Toni but to me too? It was horrible. I thought he liked me.

"Are you ok?" I asked Toni.

"It's fine" She said pushing her plate away from her.

"She's a bitch I'm sorry she said those things to you" I said and stroke my hand over Toni's back.

Out of nowhere Toni hugged me and I couldn't do anything else than to hug her back. I realized Toni and I were pretty alike and I didn't want  a boy to ruin this potential friendship. I didn't care if she like Sweet Pea I wanted her to be my friend.

After school I walked out to my bike but before I could start it I heard Veronica's voice behind me.

"Are you ok?" She asked

I turned around and saw her standing with her arms crossed, not in a mad way more in a "I'm cold" way.

"I guess" I replied

"Cheryl's a bitch" She said and smiled

"Oh trust me, I know" I said and smiled back.

"Heard Archie asked you out" She responded.

How did she find out about that?

"Yeah.. I'm not sure I wanna go though he dosen't seem like a nice guy" I said

"I don't know if he is but I really like him" She said and I now realized she was inlove with him.

"Oh.. I'm sorry V I don't have to go out with him if it makes you uncomfortable" I replied and gave her a forgiving smile.

"No! You should totally go! He clearly likes you so why should I be in the way of that?" She said and smiled back.

"Are you sure?"

" A 100 %" She said

"Ok good" I replied and gave her a hug.

"Who was the new girl?" Veronica asked.

"Toni, she's friends with Sweet Pea the guy you sat with at lunch" I replied.

"Oh yeah, he was hot" She said and bit her lip.

The same jealousy I had felt when I heard Toni's name the first time came back. I didn't even know why I reacted that way. When he was around I was fine but as soon as someone talked about him when he wasn't there I couldn't handle it.  I wanted him to be mine but I didn't want to give up Archie either, maybe he was nice after all?

"Yeah I know" I replied.

"Gotta go see you tomorrow!" She said and walked away.

"Bye" I said and put my helmet on. I then started my drive back home.

8.35 PM.

I just finsished my homework when a knock could be heard, but not from the front door or my bedroom door. The knock came from my window. I stood up and walked over to the window. I pulled up my blinds and there he was, and god was he handsome.

New chapter babes, don't forget to check out "songs to listen to while reading my book" <3