9. Out Again

Sam's P.O.V

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I groan, smashing my hand down on the alarm sat on my bedside table.

Sitting up, I rub my eyes, trying to wear off the drowsiness I feel at the moment.

Forcing a look towards the alarm, I curse, realising the time.

I stand up, and quickly get dressed into something suitable.

Vicky said that she'd be at mine at 7:30. It's 7:35.

Well, she is always late.

As if on cue, a light knocking sound hits my door.

I step towards it, pressing a fake smile against my cheeks. She knows that me and Jerome were friends, close ones, at that. And she knows what he did to his mom. I half expected her to not want to speak to me again. I was friends with a psycho. But she surprised me.

After I admitted to her what happened, after Barbara was taken, she was pissed. Not at me, but at herself. She thought that I was off ill because of a cold.

Rather than pushing me away, she pulled me in. Taking every opportunity to see me she could.

I open the door, to see her standing there, dressed in her cheerleader outfit.

"You ready?" She smiles.

I nod, "Yeah, let's get going, Vic."

"After you, madam," she does a playful bow, smirking.

"Why thank you, sir," I play along, causing us to both chuckle, and make our way out of the building, after I shut and lock my apartment door.

I hop into the passenger seat of her car. It's nice that she's got one.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" She asks when she shuts the car door behind her.

"I gotta be there to support you, Vic."

"But Jerome-"

"I'm more worried about what you'll do when I'm not with you, Vicky," I lie. "Remember a few months back when we had to be separated?"

"That was your fault," she forces a smile, "I was an innocent bystander."

"You threw paint into that girl's hair. And I got the blame. I was on the other side of the room!"

We laugh, as if reliving the memory.

"Let's get ready to rumble, then," she turns on the car, by twisting the key, and the exhaust fires up.

I try to ignore the burning sensation in my stomach, as if today is going to be really bad.