83. Plans

HAPPY NEW YEAR. Season 5 out tomorrow but.. heh, I live in the UK. apparently I have to wait longer. heh. pls someone tell me if I was given the wrong info.

So if Gotham is like: "nah mate this is how Ecco turns crazy and becomes Harley: blah blah blah" I will ignore it.

shortish chapter
----

Sam's P.O.V

My eyes stare blankly at the stiff frame of the wooden door, but the barely register the movement it makes when it is opened. I blink, surprised to see a pale blob in front of me, and my mind soon realises that it's Jeremiah.

"H-Hi," I awkwardly stutter, still flustered from what had happened earlier. To be honest, I don't know how I feel about it. Ecco is someone who I trust, a friend. I never really imagined her as something else. If I'm being perfectly honest, I would say that a tiny part of me was flattered by what she had told me. She really thought that I was that great?

My mind drifts off, so I don't notice Jeremiah moving towards me until his arms wrap around my body. I gasp when one of his hands grip under my knees, and the other supports my back, successfully holding me bridal style. He easily lifts me up, and begins to move me out of the room.

"Where are we going?"

He looks down at my anxious face with an unrecognisable look. I know that he 'loves' me, as he tells me all the time, but this time... it looks different. He seems almost... obsessed with the idea of loving me. Maybe that's it.

"I would like you to sit with me while we eat dinner," he replies to my question.

I bite back the argument, 'and you didn't think to ask me?' not wanting to anger him. For some reason, his behaviour is absolutely terrifying.

"Where's Ec-Ecco?" I say, sputtering out the woman's name at the dirty glare he directs at me.

"Busy. Do you not enjoy my company?"

"I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth," I snap, not even trying to keep him calm anymore.

He only chuckles, muttering what sounds like, "don't make me do something you won't like", under his breath.

I gulp at that, probably paling in worry.

After what feels like forever, I feel my body being placed into a chair, in a sort of dining room. I still have yet to figure out where I am. I don't doubt that Jeremiah has more than one place he can take me, though.

I can only watch when he grabs a plate from the side, placing it down in front of me to show a full blown roast dinner.

"You made this?" I ask, my face most likely reigning shock.

"When you're hiding from your brother for years you pick up a few hobbies," he shrugs, and for a second I almost spot a very light pink tinge on his cheeks. It quickly fades.

"Well, thank you," I nod at him in approval, and begin eating. I'm slightly unnerved by the way he doesn't have anything to eat, and is just watching me. 'So much for eating together...'

I have no idea that he really is struggling with the little people in his head, telling him to do all sorts of things to me. I also don't know that he suddenly agrees with one very, very dark voice.

He abruptly stands, causing me to flinch up at him. He thinly smiles, the look not quite reaching his eyes.

"I have to deal with something. If I don't find you in your room when I come back, I won't be happy."

"You don't own me, Jeremiah," I state firmly, however he only laughs crudely.

"Then again, Samantha, your father was more than willing to let me keep you for money, so I have to disagree," he sighs, and I go silent at the memory. What is wrong with him?

He quickly leaves the room, going off somewhere.

----

Jeremiah's P.O.V

'How dare she be disrespectful like that!'

'She's only scared, and you're making it worse.'

'If you touch my Sammy, I'll make you go insane. Well, even more than usual.'

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I scream, my hands gripping onto my hair tightly, as if doing so would stop the voices.

'You know what you need to do. It'll make her docile. More easy to control.'

"Fine," I nod to myself, and then pick up the phone, dialling one of the many people that work for me.

"Boss?"

'He's actually doing it!'

'Atta boy.'

"I need you to set me up... let's say an appointment with someone."

'No! This is terrible! She'll never forgive you!'

'She'll have to. Who else is going to keep her safe?'

"Sure. Who?"

'Jeremiah, you little shit. Just leave her alone. I may be dead, but you can't take her away from me! Not again!'

A devious smirk crosses my lips.

'Jeremiah! Don't fucking do anything to her! I'll rewire your brain myself!'

'This is a bad idea.'

'This is going to be great.'

"Jervis Tetch."