96. Scars

(wasn't gonna update, but the sweetest comment from Lopr27 really got me going.)

get absolutely jabaited 👁👄👁

- - - -

Jerome's P.O.V.

Her lips are quickly against my own, her back pressing against the wall with my hands tightly holding her in place.

I pull away, my eyes moving over her... all of her. A cute, dimpled smile is on her face, while her cheeks are flushed.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" She asks, her already flamed face going redder.

So, like the nice gentleman I am, I oblige by her wish and connect our lips together again.

- - - -

I sit up abruptly in bed, my body practically on fire, and my breathing heavy.

"Jerome? Are you okay?"

I look over to see Sammy tucked in the same bed as me, now also sitting up and staring at me worriedly.

Ah. She must think it was a nightmare.

Far from it.

"Yeah," I rapidly spit out, surprised by how my voice has risen in octaves. I gulp, "Yep. Yeah. I'm fine, haha, just a..."

"Jerome, I love you, you can tell me," she says softly, smiling warmly at me. The voices go quiet for a few seconds as she lays on top of me in a romantic embrace.

I press a slow kiss to her forehead. God, I love her.

So does Jerome Junior.

"Jeez, what the hell is that poking me? It feels like- oh. Oh! Shit, sorry!"

She throws herself back awkwardly, a deep blush setting itself on her features.

"Uh, I-I'll go get some snacks, so you can deal with that."

"Maybe you can help me?" I say, a few scenarios popping up in my mind.

"Uh, um," she mumbles, somehow her face going even more red.

Laughing loudly, I peck her lips, letting her know I was only joking.

Well, half-joking.

Not joking.

I inwardly roll my eyes at the voices, but hey, they're not wrong.

I giggle lightly, "You certainly wouldn't have minded when you were sixteen."

I'm obviously joking, but my chest feels heavy as I watch sadness erupt in those beautiful eyes.

Tilting her head up with my fingers beneath her chin, I stare at her, feeling guilty.

"Hey, hey," I mutter softly, "I was only joking. We don't have to do anything if you're not ready."

But if you are, we certainly wouldn't mind.