67. The Dinner

HARDY-FUCKING-HA I GOT 20K READS WHOOOO WHOOOOOOOP! Ik I've published soooo many chapters, but that still feels like a lot to me heh. Thank youuuu

And, when the story is in complete italics, it means it's a sort of flashback.

And btw, Norethisterone delays your period. (Not just saying this randomly it does come into context haha)

And I'm sorry for what's about to happen.
----

Sam's P.O.V

"You can't tell Jerome about this conversation," Jeremiah warns me, his warm hand grabbing my own.

"Why?" I ask, a confused look on my face as he sighs sadly.

"He obviously likes you, Samantha. A-And he definitely won't be happy with what I'm about to tell you."

"Fine, I promise I won't tell him."

"Thank you," he smiles, before going back to his original nervous expression. "I need to tell you something, but I can't actually tell you it."

"Okay..."

He lets out an exasperated groan, before suddenly leaning forward, his pale lips capturing my own.

I stand there in shock, and Jeremiah quickly pulls away.

"I-I'm so sorry! I should've asked first, I'm so-"

"Jeremiah, it's fine," I giggle, and he grins. But, his smile falters, as his facial expression changes into something sad.

"I really do care about you. And I'm really sorry."

Before I can reply, he turns around jogging away.

I don't know that this is the last time I'll ever see Jeremiah, at least not for many years.

The memory doesn't help my state, as I finally sit up from the comfortable bed, my eyes searching the room for Jeremiah. He's not here.

I wince when thinking about what happened yesterday... well, I hope it was yesterday. He drugged me. I guess I was panicking too much. I don't want to know what would've happened if he hadn't knocked me out, because I have a feeling the night could've somehow ended worse.

I take a glance at the food on the end of the bed. I mean, I'm hungry. I've been asleep for God knows how long, and I doubt he'll want me to go back to it.

I eagerly eat, and down the glass of water.

After a few hours of me just resting in the bed, the door opens. I didn't try to escape because I've already pushed my luck with Jeremiah.

Ecco steps inside, swiftly grabbing the tray which is now empty. But, she also places down another glass of water. She sends me an apologetic look, to which I smile back awkwardly. She was only doing her job, and if she refused to do it, I don't think Jeremiah would've been very nice with her.

"Ecco, where's Jeremiah?" I question, hoping that he's out. I don't have the energy to see what he'll do after my escape. He told me that he'd make me regret it, and I already do.