48. The Plan

Jim's P.O.V

"Master Bruce, we have visitors," Alfred says, leading me and Lucius into the kitchen, where Selina and Bruce are seated at the counter.

"Bruce, we need your help," I sigh, ignoring the look Selina gives me.

"Do you know where Sam is?"

"Jerome has her," I reply, giving her a confused stare.

"And you didn't think to tell me?!" She growls.

"I didn't know you were close."

"What happened?" Bruce asks, cutting Selina off before she can shout again.

Lucius sets down the briefcase on the table, as I turn on the television, revealing the ginger maniac.

"Don't you know it's rude to keep a guy waiting?" Jerome cackles, "Bring me my hostages, James. My trigger finger is getting itchy."

"The hostages he wants are his brother and you," I admit.

"What?" Alfred scoffs, "You're having a laugh. No bloody way."

"I don't like it any more than you do, but, Bruce, you have to trust me. Lucius and I have a plan."

"Okay, you know what? I don't think you're taking me seriously. Well alright. Let's see," Jerome speaks on the TV, looking around. "Eeny, meeny, miny, mo. One of these people have got to... go."

He hits the remote against his knee, and everyone in the room winces as the Archbishop's head explodes from behind Jerome.

"Oh, it's that guy," Jerome chuckles. "Oh, well. If I were you, I'd hurry up. Remember that I have a friend of yours, and I don't think she'll appreciate it if you get her killed."

"Did you see what just happened? That mans a raving bloody lunatic. He can't be trusted."

"He says he has Sam. He might be lying. Although I hate to say it, she might be dead. But if you go and she is alive, he might kill you both. For once, I agree with Alfred," Selina agrees, shaking her head sadly.

"Bruce, listen to me. With your help, we can prevent more deaths. We can save Samantha."

After a while, Bruce nods. "What's the plan?"

Lucius opens the briefcase.

"Jerome is using a short-wave radio trigger with a dead man's switch. If we can cut the signal, he won't be able to activate the explosives," I say, as Lucius grabs the device out of the case.

"This emits a powerful signal the disables all radio waves close to it. Once within a few feet of Jerome's device, his trigger will be useless."

"It will give us time for the snipers to get a clean shot on Jerome, Firefly, and the others."

"If I wear this, then that gets you time to take them out?" Bruce repeats.

"Correct."

"Are you sure it's gonna work?" Alfred nervously questions.

"I'm positive... Ninety-nine percent positive," Lucius replies.

"What are we waiting for? These people need our help."

----

Sam's P.O.V

The temptation to tell the man giggling behind me to 'shut the fuck up, please and thank you', is getting to me.

Every time Jerome cracks a joke (much to the horror of the hostages) on the television, the guy 'guarding' me laughs loudly.

It doesn't help knowing that Jerome is going after two people I care about.