52. That Old Corpse

Woah, this is a long ass chapter. Just a warning.  Like nearly 5000 words. 

Jim's P.O.V

I rush into the GCPD locker room, hearing a few other people chasing after me.

I turn around, my gun raised.

It's three of Jerome's followers. One of them, the 'leader' of the group, is juggling knifes. All three of them laugh.

"Well, look at us. We caught ourselves Captain James Gordon. Assassin of Jerome Valeska."

I raise an eyebrow slightly at that statement, before playing along. I'm glad they don't know that it was actually Samantha who put the final bullet in Jerome.

"Hey, guys," I sigh, putting my gun away.

"Oh, don't try and get chummy with us, Gordon. We're gonna carve you up."

"Yeah, no, I wasn't talkin' to you," I smirk at the two behind them. "I was talkin' to them," I point at Harvey and Harper, who step in.

"Hey, man, you like to dance?" Harvey asks, tasering one of the men while Harper tasers the other.

The man in the middle puts his hands up.

"Let's you and me talk outside, what do you say?" I grab his shirt collar, yanking him forward.

----

Bruce's P.O.V

The phone on my ear keeps on ringing, but I pretend to not be worried, for Jeremiah's sake. Every time we hear a rustle or thunder rumbles, he flinches.

"There's still no answer," I state, continuing my quick pace towards where Jerome's grave is.

A loud rustling sound causes Jeremiah to stop in his tracks, "What was that?"

"We're almost there. Just a quick look and we'll leave." I walk away.

"Bruce," he yells, jogging to catch up with me. "Bruce. I don't know if I can do this."

"Just a little further," I reply, not sure what else I can say.

We turn a corner, our eyes both landing on Jerome's grave.

"Oh, God, no," Jeremiah cries out behind me.

It's been dug up, and Jerome's body isn't there.

"His followers must have dug him up."

"He's still alive," Jeremiah whispers frantically. "I knew it!"

"We have to get out of here," I say, my eyes fixated on Jerome's grave.

"I knew it. He's alive!" Jeremiah shouts behind me.

I glance back, to see him running away.

"Jeremiah! Jeremiah!"

I chase after him, spotting him run into one of the old morgues. I step inside it, with barely any light for me to be able to see.

"Jeremiah!" I call out, hoping he can hear me. "We need to leave, it's not safe."

"You believe me now?" Jeremiah asks, and I breathe a sigh of relief. It sounds like he's just around the corner at the top of the passage I'm in. "Jerome's alive."