71. Snow

Guess my name. I wanna see what name you think I might have. OH and guess my age. I think you'll probably know I'm not a 80 year old, yet I'm not a three year old. Probably.

This chapter is shorter, but hey, I've actually got a storyline idea now, that can be used for in between season 4 - 5.
----

Third Person P.O.V

Jeremiah watches on from the sideline, his dark green hair tugging against his pale scalp due to the wind, but even though he's cold, he still finds himself smiling warmly at the scene playing out in front of him.

Samantha playfully chucks a snowball, which hits Ecco's back. The woman turns, a thin smile on her lips. Before the younger girl can react, a snowball hits her square in the chest. She laughs, ducking under the mound of snow she made, which fails miserably to protect her as Ecco launches an assault.

"Truce! Truce!" Sam yells, raising her arms up as Ecco eyes her warily. In a split second, the 'proxy' falls back, as another snowball hits her.

Sam closes her eyes, shielding herself from the snow, and throws her own snowball, not looking where she aims.

When she opens them again, she is in shock as Jeremiah glares angrily at her, snow down his front. She gasps, trembling as he storms up to her.

But, he makes a ball of snow on his way towards her, and then places it inside the hood of her coat.

"No, no, that's cruel!" She yelps, trying to get it out as he chuckles at her response. Of course, he noticed her fear when he was approaching her, but he wasn't planning on hurting her. He never wants to do that again.

Ecco begins to team up with him, covering Sam in even more snow.

"Put me down! Now!" She yells, when Jeremiah comes from behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist to keep her still as Ecco bundles up more snow.

Ecco mischievously smirks as she moves forward, snow in her arms, as Samantha struggles in Jeremiah's grip.

"No, no, no!" She flings herself forward, giggling when she makes Ecco drop the snow.

She spots the daring look in Jeremiah's eyes, and not wanting to have any more snow thrown at her, darts into the forest, laughing the whole way.

It has been a few weeks since he had slapped her, and then apologised. It's strange, because not once has he shouted or lost his temper with her. Not even when she accidentally burnt his finger when they were making dinner.

She doesn't get far into the forest, when he grabs her, pushing her against the tree as she chuckles.

"You didn't get very far," he observes, grinning as he strokes her cold cheek with the back of his gloved hand.

"Well, I am freezing, no thanks to you," she retorts, still smiling. She then slowly leans forward, as if teasing him. Before anything can happen though, she pushes him backwards, running forward once more.

She hears Jeremiah let out a growl - but unlike other times, this isn't evil. It's playful. Then again, she can't help but also recognise the sense of possessiveness in it.

Sprinting through the forest reminds her of the time she tried to escape - and what happened after. Technically, she still is a 'hostage', but from the way she looks at Jeremiah and Ecco, people wouldn't realise it.

She isn't even thinking of running away, because she doubts she can get far. If she doesn't come back to Jeremiah soon, he'll do everything he can to bring her back. She highly doubts he'll be as... kind with her as he has been.

Slowly coming to a halt, she leans down, her hands on her knees as she catches her breath. She realises that Jeremiah isn't behind her, and decides to go back, but something stops her - well, someone.

A hand flies out of nowhere, tugging her back into a body not much bigger than her own.

She struggles, knowing that it isn't Jeremiah or Ecco, but is suddenly turned around to face the culprit.

"Promise me you won't scream," he tells her, his hand still over her mouth.

She doesn't even nod, as she fights to not faint from her shock. But, the hand is quickly moved away, and she finds her voice slowly crawl back up to her throat.

"B-Bruce?"