61. Almost

MY STORY IS UP BOIS

Check it out, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

lmao if you wanna no forced reading here

FUCKING READ IT NOWWWWWWWWW DO IT NOWWWW

o o f

Thank youuu
----

Third Person P.O.V

Sam sat on the bed for hours, since it was the only thing she could do.

Waiting was the worst part. She knew that Jeremiah was going to 'visit' her soon enough, and it felt like her head had been forced into the lions mouth, and she was waiting for it to bite down. Then again, it seemed like she had already been swallowed by the lion, she was in so deep.

Jeremiah was a ticking time bomb, just about ready to go off. She hoped that he would never hurt her, but she seriously doubted it.

For all the things Jerome did, he never intentionally hurt Sam. He even placed her outside of the impact zone, where the insanity gas wouldn't have reached her, if it had dropped.

Although she was glad she didn't have to admit it, Sam did miss Jerome. She regretted shooting him, even if it stopped the insanity gas from hitting Gotham. No, she didn't miss his lunacy, not at all. She missed the sweet moments, where he actually surprised her.

Gotham. It was a place she began to loathe. It had turned her friends into murderers. It sounded weird to put it like that, but it felt like the city was the one changing the people in it.

Before Gotham, she believed that Jerome could never hurt anyone. Before Gotham, she hadn't seen Jeremiah for years, and he hadn't seen her or Jerome. It was as if Gotham twisted people's minds, turning them into other people. Murderers, thieves, arsonists... and that's only the half of it.

Samantha flinched up, her thoughts disrupted, when she heard Jeremiah open the door.

She only watched as he moved forward, a tray of food in his hands, with a glass of water on it as well.

He set the tray down on the bed, and sat down beside her. He got slightly annoyed when she didn't thank him, but payed it no more when she began to eat.

She could've been worried about the food, but she was too hungry too care. But it didn't matter, anyway. Although Jeremiah may have done a lot of things to her, he wasn't about to go drug her food or drink, he wouldn't stoop that low. Not yet.

He tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, much to her discomfort.

"I know that you don't like it here, and I'll try to find somewhere better for you to stay. But for now, this will do," he explained, and she nodded in response, unsure what else she could have done to reply.