12. The Confrontation

Jerome's P.O.V

"What are you doing here?" She squeaks after we're out of the bus.

"I wasn't after you, if that's what you're thinking," I push her against the bus, and lean my lips close to one of her ears, "I just got lucky."

She tries to push me away, so I tighten my grip on her arm and place my other hand on the bus wall, right beside her head.

"P-Please, just let them go. You can do what you like to me..."

Brave. That's what I always liked about Sam. If she saw my mom hit me, she would shout at her. This only caused Mommy to be more of a bitch to her.

"Why? Are they your friends in there?" I ask, slightly jealous.

She nods, "Please."

"I can't, doll. This is a top mission that I have to do."

"N-No, this isn't right. They're innocent. They haven't done anything wrong, Jerome."

"Did I say that they did anything wrong? Well, apart from the shitty singing, they are innocent. And that's why it'll be such a shame to all their parents. The little wittle GCPD can't even protect the youngsters inside Gotham," I laugh.

"You won't get away with this. They'll be here in a few seconds. Watch."

I turn my head around, looking at the road for a few seconds, then I turn back to her.

"Nu-uh. Nope. I don't spot any of the boy's and gal's in blue."

"I know you, Jerome. You're not like this. You're-"

I slam her against the bus wall again. I don't do it to hurt her, but just to shock her.

"Oh yeah. Let's listen to Sammy. She knows everything about everyone. But unfortunately she didn't know that the one she fell for was the one who killed his mom. Oh, well."

She flinches at my harshness.

"Don't think you know me, because you don't," I whisper, my grin not failing.

Then, I whistle, and Aaron steps out of the bus, with no shackles left, meaning he must've used them all. I know he still has the handcuffs I told him to keep, incase we had a hostage situation.

"Take her over there," I command, pushing Sam into him and pointing at a place by the fuel tanker, and away from where the fire will start.

He does as I tell him to, throwing her over his shoulder and walking towards the spot, causing her to punch his back.

I walk into the bus.

The cheerleaders are a mess. Crying, screaming, shouting. I don't think this was apart of their routine. Tsk, tsk.

Well, the show must go on.