17. The Confrontation 2.0

Sam's P.O.V

More and more bullets are fired, but me and Essen are powerless to do anything. It's not long before the shooting stops, but not a single officer rushes upstairs to check on the Commissioner, which could only mean one thing.

"Outside," Jerome flicks the gun to where he wants us to go. "Move."

Me and Essen start to walk forward, towards the door that leaves the Commissioner's office, when Jerome grabs my wrist.

"Ah ah," He pulls me closer to him, "not you."

Essen growls at him, "Let go of her."

"You heard him. Move," Greenwood edges her along with the shotgun in his hand.

"A few minutes, Canni-boy," Jerome says to Greenwood, who glances at me, before nodding, licking his lips. I grimace.

Still keeping one of his hands on my wrist, Jerome uses the other one to shut the doors after Essen and Greenwood are outside. He even pulls down the blinds on the windows.

"Some peace and quiet," he grins at me. "Now, how's that ol' bullet wound of yours?"

He tries to pull a strap of my shirt down.

"No! Get the fuck off me!" I scream, pulling it back up with the hand that's free from his grasp.

I expect him to get pissed, but he doesn't.

"I just want to see where I hurt you, so I can never do it again. I won't try anything, I swear. You gotta believe me, doll."

I move my free hand away from my shirt nervously. Do I really trust him this much?

He smiles at my response, and slowly pulls down the strap, revealing the wound on my shoulder.

"Looks like they patched it up nicely," he peers down at my stitches.

"Why are you here?"

"Oh, I just wanted a nice little tour around the GCPD. Again, I just got lucky that you were here," he pulls the strap back up while speaking.

"You don't have to do this, Jerome, look, if you leave now they won't-"

"You seriously don't expect me to wanna have some fun? Now, I think our time is up."

He pulls me out of the room, and towards Essen.