60. The Light

HEY I'M ABOUT TO UPLOAD A STORY I THINK (already up now)

It's another Gotham story, and I actually love it. Not to toot my own horn but, TOOT TOOT. No I'm jk ok.

It's got more detail than this story, and I have to say I prefer it.

It's a fluff story. AND YES, JEROME WILL BE IN IT OBVIOUSLY, and eventually Jeremiah.

I'm just gonna name who I'll try to include: (the ticks will mean that I've included them)

Victor Zsasz ✔️
Jerome ✔️
Jeremiah (not that far in yet)
Oswald Cobblepot ✔️
Ed Nygma ✔️
Barbara ✔️
Tabitha ✔️
(Practically everyone from season 1-2)

I don't know.

Opinions?

By the way, this story is going to have slower updates.

This is going to be a shorter chapter, and I personally think it's boring af. My next one won't be though. Something is actually going to happen then. So. Yeah.
----

Bruce's P.O.V

I step up to Gordon, as he looks out, the bright light beside him turned on.

"Bruce," he addresses me, before giving me a look. "You're not supposed to be here."

"Neither are you. There's a dozen cops downstairs. You stayed to fight for this city."

He nods slowly, and I notice a sort of look in his eyes. It can't be pride, can it?

"The gangs are carving up territory. We're gonna have to go block by block. I have no idea what we're gonna find. A thing like this brings out whatever's lurking in the shadows. I heard that Samantha is alive... I don't know where she and Jeremiah are."

"The light. You're basically daring whatever is out there to come after you," I suggest.

"Let them come. There are still good people out there. They need to know we're here, willing to fight."

"I remember the night we met," I recall. "You told me the world may seem dark."

"But there is light."

----

Sam's P.O.V

Jeremiah scowls, lifting his white fingers up to the fresh cut on his lips.

I slapped him.

With an angry hiss, he glares down at me, and I squirm uncomfortably in the chair. After the bridges collapsed, he took me somewhere. It looks almost like a replica of his first home.

"Selina was my friend... W-Why would you shoot her?" I say, but it's almost a whisper, my voice is so soft.

He hears it though.

"I did it for you..." he grits out, the veins on his neck throbbing as he clenches his jaw.

"You can't- you can't do that, Jeremiah! Not for me! I don't want you to do that!" I shriek, my hands turning into fists on top of my head, pulling against the roots of my hair.

"You don't understand, Barbara Kean hurt you..."

"You didn't care about hurting me! You don't care about me, so stop acting-"

All of a sudden, Jeremiah's pale hands grab my own, overlapping them on the armrests of my chair. He slowly leans forward, the look in his eyes screaming out, almost warning me to run.

"Don't ever say that. I love you," he replies blankly, as if it was obvious that a psychopath thought about me in that way. Well, Jerome claimed he did.

"No. No, you don't," I shake my head. "If that were true, you wouldn't be keeping me here."

"I'm keeping you here because I know that if I don't, you'll run headfirst into danger. I'm keeping you safe."

"Yeah, I feel plenty safe in this wheelchair," I bite back, only to make him even madder.

"I saved your life!"

"You tell me not to compare you to Jerome, but he never wanted to put me in danger!"

A horrible silence follows after that. Jeremiah seems... calm.

'This isn't good,' I think to myself, and I'm right.

He softly chuckles, and I flinch when he grabs something from inside his jacket.

He pulls out what I recognise as Jerome's diary, and then opens it, flicking it to a page and then slowly reading out what it says.

"'Keep Sammy locked nice and tightly away so that only I can see her, and no one else.' This is the only thing Jerome wrote sanely. I have to say, I agree with his point. If the only way for you to learn that you are mine is by doing this, then so be it."

I yelp when he grabs me, holding me up so that my feet can't touch the floor.

I punch his chest, but nothing happens. He takes me around the building, ignoring my shouts and pleas.

I can only watch as he opens a door in front of me, and then places me inside the room.

It looks like a normal bedroom, but there's also another door, which I can only guess leads to an ensuite.

"I'll be back to see you later. Don't try anything."

My voice goes quieter, soon turning into a faint whisper, "Jeremiah please, just let me go."

He shakes his head, smiling, before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.