86. Goodbye, Mother

Hello. I've been busy.

Not to sound rude, but I've been getting so many comments asking me to update. And I'm fine with that, as long as you're not telling me to update. There's a difference between a demand and a question. I'm also not cool with some of you straight up telling me that my writing is bullshit and that I should go back to chapter 50 to bring Jerome back.

No.

I've done it now. Please stop pestering me with this. I will update when I can, and I won't remove 40 of my chapters or so just because some of you rudely demand me to. I've been too busy for this. I need to revise for exams. I don't want you guys breathing down my neck. I love you guys, but just not some of your comments.

I'm of course not talking to all of you on this, and don't think I'm just targeting you if you have done this.

I've been pretty stressed recently, and I don't want Wattpad looming over me when I have plenty of other stuff I need to do. Thank you if you read this far. Enjoy.

Not checked for mistakes yet, I'll do it another time just wanna get this out.

----

Sam's P.O.V

My eyes trail its form as if looking for something that will prove that it's not real. I shake my head once more, making eye contact with the absolute stranger in front of me. A smile forms on its face, something that years ago would've warmed my heart, but not anymore. This one appears almost mocking to me... unnatural, forced even.

Fists clenched tightly, my nails prick my skin. Mouth agape, no sounds leave me, and I feel a snake of shock coil tightly around my neck, increasing it's dominating strength the more I attempt to speak. No witty or angry words come forth, and for a good minute, I just stand, perplexed at my scary situation.

Jervis' smirk lingers for a while, whereas Jeremiah remains still with a cold, however somehow loving expression on his white face. I don't even bother to look at them. I just know.

Steadily gulping down a sob, I trail over its form. Their slightly tanned complexion and bright eyes seem so different from last time. It isn't even wearing the hospital gown, the last thing I saw my mother in. But, somehow it appears as lifeless to me as my mother did all those years ago, on that one bad day.

"... How?" I manage to mutter, but they all hear me.

It smiles even wider, moving its hands forward, and moving to cup my face. I take many steps back, and it halts, tilting its head to the side in question.

"How what, sweetie? Are you feeling alright? Do you want me to make you anything to eat? You look awfully pale," the thing before me replies, a sickly sweet voice which doesn't sound like it did back then. Then again, back then she barely had the energy to speak.

"Stay away from me!" I yelp, when it tries once again to move closer, and it pauses. "Yo-You're not- t-this isn't-"

"Real?" Jervis finishes, a maddening grin set upon his face. "My dear, do you think you're going mad? We can't have that, oh no, no, we don't want you acting all sad!"

I almost curse him, and his stupid rhymes, but I don't. My eyes land on Jeremiah's, and I shake my head in disbelief. It's gotta all be some nightmare, right? Some fucked up dream holding me captive? But, his strong look gives me no reassuring answer. He smiles.