47. The Concert

Oswald Cobblepot's P.O.V

"Well, this is a first," Jim states, shutting the door behind me as I step inside.

"Are you doing anything about Jerome?"

"We're looking for him," Jim replies, his eyes narrowing. "Do you know where he is? Do you know where Samantha Williams is?"

"And if I did, do you really think I'd tell you? Have you march in there guns blazing?" I scoff, "As for the girl, he's moved her somewhere. He hasn't told me. He needs to be stopped! He has everyone under his thumb. Freeze, Firefly, Hatter. They are all apart of his plan. A dark terrible plan."

"Which is?"

I hesitate for a second, before saying, "Scarecrow has made a gas for him."

"Like a fear toxin?"

"Worse. Much worse. I saw it turn someone into a maniacal, cackling, violent animal."

"What does he plan to do with it?" Jim presses.

"He's smart. He hasn't shared the details of the plan with anyone. Instead we all have a separate task to preform."

"Such as?"

"He has yet to give me my role."

"Why did you come here if you're not going to help me?" Gordon growls.

"He scares the living hell out of me, okay?" I admit. "I mean, I was willing to play along with him for a while. Perhaps he had a way to make us all rich, or return to the good old days, you know? But nothing good will come of this."

"Or maybe you just don't like the competition. Jerome casts quite the shadow."

"Oh please! He's a maniac. An anarchist. He's not interested in money or power. The only thing he cares about is the girl. And I am an honest criminal, too."

"Where is he? Where is the gas?"

"He only tells you what he needs to," I shrug, "when he needs to. I just know he has to be stopped."

"Jim, hey! You down here?!" A voice shouts from upstairs.

I instantly leave, not wanting to make Jerome any more suspicious of me than he already is.

----

Sam's P.O.V

The black bag is lifted off my head, after what felt like hours. Probably because it was.

I'm tied down to a chair, that's facing a large flatscreen TV.

What the fuck?

"Jerome wants you to watch this," someone says, and steps into view.

It's a tall guy, holding a TV remote. He's wearing an Arkham Asylum uniform.

'Jerome left me with a guy who was sent to the asylum. Great. Just great.'

----

Jerome's P.O.V

"Hey! What happened to my mic?" The guy who was singing asks, as I do a few dances behind him, on the stage.

"Hey buddy, beat it, will you? I'm trying to work here," he says to me.

I turn around, facing the large crowd who gasp.

I let out a cheer, outstretching my arms. I kick the guy in the face, and he topples to the floor. I grab the microphone holder, hitting him in the face with the end of it repeatedly.