29. Wayne Manor

Bruce Wayne's P.O.V

The people who work for him start breaking the furniture, a small amount of rage hitting me when they touch my parents things.

"Are you okay?" I ask Alfred, who is still winded and a bit shocked, to say the least.

"I'll be fine, Master Bruce, I'll be fine."

"Nice place you got here," Jerome spins around, his grin even creepier than the time where he was trying to kill me, "You rent?"

"What do you want?" I keep my eyes trained on his, avoiding his other features, specifically the staples keeping his face on.

"Attitude," he tuts, tilting his head at Alfred. "Teenagers, am I right? Oh. I remember those days. So many exciting new emotions flowing through you. Wanting to kill everyone you saw. Aw."

I glance at the man holding the Court of Owls statue, and I regret it immediately.

"You. Gimme," Jerome points to the man I looked at. He must've saw me do it.

"You know, I will never understand rich people's tastes," he moves the owl around in his hands.

"It's worthless," I shrug, "my father found it at a flea marker. I keep it for sentimental reasons."

"Nice try. Oh, it's got some heft to it. Expensive, I'm guessing. Would be such a shame if I..."

"No don't!" I shout, but it already falls out of his hands.

I breathe a sigh of relief when it doesn't break.

"Huh," Jerome picks it back up again. "Tougher than I figured. Anyway..."

He throws it over his shoulder, and this time the horrible sound of it shattering makes me grimace.

"Ah! Bloody hell!" Alfred curses behind me.

I stand up, clenching my fists, "I asked you what you want."

"Right. Sorry. The old noodle's still a little al dente post-thaw. The reason I'm here is I'm gonna kill you."

I'm honestly not shocked, "Why?"

"Well, it's the last thing I remember wanting to do. It's been nagging at me since I woke up," He pulls out a switchblade, opening it up.

He very slowly moves closer to me, clicking his tongue, "The idea of slitting that pretty, pink throat of yours. Figure that's clear the decks. What do you think, huh?"

Alfred tries to lunge at him, but the guy standing behind him pushes a gun onto his back.

"Me? I don't think you came to me first. Where is she?" I feel myself snarl. Sam tried to stop Jerome from killing Alfred, and seemed like a nice person, on every occasion that we met each other.

"Oh. You're not as dumb as I thought. Well done, butler-boy, I think the boy's parents would be proud. If y'know, they were alive."

I give a look to Alfred when he tenses, getting ready to rip the ginger to pieces.

"Where is she?" I press him for information, and he just waves his hand, giggling.