Date Night

The next morning came after a dreamless sleep. I actually woke refreshed and ready for the day. I went trough my closet my fingers dancing over my cloths trying to pick out the perfect outfit. I decided on an black and white dress that came to my knees. It's geometric pattern played perfectly with my carefree mood today. I sat at my vanity in my bedroom applying some finishing touches as I head my door open.

"Ema," Steve called out to me as he walked into my bedroom.

"Come on in Rogers. You know I've could have been necked," I committed flatly. Steve walked in and leaned against my bedroom door.

"I know but if you were you would have yelled at me by now and told me to get the hell out of your... Wait! Your wearing a dress!" His voice full of amusement.

"Wow you catch on fast blonde," I teased as I stood straightening my dress. "So what do you think?"

"Ema. Wow, you look amazing." His eyes following me as I walked around him into my kitchen. Steve followed me like a lost puppy.

"Thank you Steve. Coffee is on the counter for you. Anyway don't look so shocked, it isn't as if you don't know I have a date tonight with your best friend," I stated cocking my brow to him as I sipped my coffee leaning against my bar. Steve just gave me a sly smile as he took his cup, sat down at the bar began to drink. "Besides if this date goes south it's your fought," I teased.

"Why me?"

"You, well you and Natasha have been planning to set Bucky and me up for a while and now look; I'm in a dress trying to impress a boy at work," I said with a slight chuckle. He gave me a pretend scowl, and stood up walking towards the front door. Steve stopped and looked at me again and gave me a teasing smile.

"Well doll look at it this way, that should impress him," he said nodding my direction. "Just wait until I tell Buck you got all dolled up today for him," Steve teased as he walked out the door quickly.

"No. Steve. Please." My voice desperately rang out as the door shut. Ugh, these guys are going to drive me nuts yet.

I parked and got out of my car in time to see Bucky getting off of his bike giving me a slight stare. Wore a stupid dress for a guy and they don't say a word. He just stood there and stared. Really? Could have at least said something.

I walked into my office to begin working on a pile of mission reports and research that had been piled on my desk. By the time I was engrossed in what felt like to be the tenth case file I heard my buzzed beside me. It was a text from Buck.

Buck: "You look beautiful today."

Me: "Thank you. LOL. I was wondering if you noticed...."

Buck: "Only if I was dead darling would I have not noticed you and your long legs. By the way you ok taking my bike tonight?"

Me: "Yes, sounds fun. Where are we going?"

Buck: "A little dinner I know. See you at 7."

Me: "See ya, Sergeant."

The day drug by. However the closer it got to the end the more excited I got. I text Natasha earlier during the day asking her help in picking out an outfit for a date tonight. She sent me a smiley face back and told me she would meet me at my apartment by 5.

Natasha met me at my apartment and made herself at home going through my closet. "Ema where is your date dresses," she questioned as she went through clothes trowing various outfits out of my closet onto my floor.

"Date dresses? You gotta be kidding me. You gotta make do with what's in there." I responded as I picked up my scattered, rejected, date night outfits.