Mission Report

By the time the Gambit was entertaining the NOPD and I was presenting evidence the rain had begun falling onto the Quarter. The heat radiated from the sidewalk making steam settle in the ally way behind the Hurricane. I made my way outside and leaned against the brick wall. He stood about 20ft from me staring intensely. Bucky ran his flesh hand through his hair. A grimace on his face.

"What in the hell were you thinking!" He snapped

"What in the hell were you thinking!" He snapped. I looked up at him.

"I'm not a soldier. I don't report to you." My tone as directed as his. "I got ratted and missed. End of story."

"A gd gun was pointed to your head. YOU take the shot EMA. You don't get rattled! Don't you get it! You could have died. Then what! I thought I had trained you better then that but maybe I was wrong. Hell maybe I've been wrong about everything." His eyes darken as he walked toward me.

"Buck I'm ok. Yes I should have taken the shot. I didn't mean to make you worry or put ya in an uncomfortable position. I augh. . ." I slowed back the tears that were trying to come.

"Well you did! I could have shot you! Now we have a dead suspect, and one simi botched mission." He leaned against the wall looking at me taking a deep breath before continuing. "You were reckless and you didn't tell me EVERYTHING!." His voice full of anger. I jumped at his yell.

"I didn't know." I mumbled backing away from him until I felt his his bike behind my legs.

"Hell. Ema." He growled looking down at the ground. "So the bastard was abusive as well. I told you to tell me everything about your past." He hissed.

"Your telling me I know everything about all the relationships you had or your past? Get real!" I snapped. "And of course  your were perfect your first couple of missions after the fall! Come on!" Bucky head shot up at me. His eyes darken in anger. I had crossed a line and I knew it. It consisted of old memories that were covered in dust and blood that now had just serviced thanks to me and my sassy mouth. However he had just crossed one too.

"More kills then you will ever know and that I ever want to talk about! God this was a mistake. I knew it was!"

"What was a mistake?" I blinked holding angry tears back. I moved closer to face him. He wouldn't hurt me. He was my Bucky. My James.

"All of this. The mission. Training you. You and I getting close." His words cut me like a knife. It was the old line for me. I had heard it before years ago and now it hurt worse then when Chris had said it just a month after we had been married.

"That can't really be how you feel." I mumbled looking down as my hands began to shake. The tears that I had been holding began to fall. "So training me was the mistake or us?!" I looked up at him waiting for an answer. His glare shifted from me as he pushed himself off of the wall where he had been leaning.

"Just want you safe. This work is dangerous. Not. . ." I crossed my arms and gave him a cold glance stopping him in the middle of his sentence.

"Answer me dammit!!"