Midnight Wispers

(Later That Night)
A long hot bubble bath and wine had helped me to relax. "Ugh I'm so sore." I moaned sinking deeper into the water as Bucky walked into the bathroom to take a shower. He just chuckled.

"At least you didn't get shot today. I think I have a bruise from that hit." Bucky said as he pulled off his cloths stepping into his shower. I just laughed as he gave me a fake scowl. He turned his back on me giving me a view of his perfect scrupled body.

"Poor baby

"Poor baby. Do you need me to kiss it and make it all better?" I teased.

"No thank you Phoenix, my wife may get jealous so I'll pass," he huffed.

"Just cause Nat added some red highlights to my hair and got a nickname and became an Avenger today doesn't mean for you to get all huffy Barnes."

"I'm not huffy." I heard him mumble over the the cascading water.

"Sure, right. Or may it's because I'm the only agent that passed with a kill shot to the Winter Soldier." I received no response. I got out of my tub and wrapped the towel around me and padded over to his shower. His back still turned to me. "Humm think I just solved my first mission. Find out what's wrong with your husband. . .check. Call him on it. Check, check." He looked over his shoulder at me and gave me another gruff look. "So what's the matter?" He gave me no response but simply looked away. This can't be good... I dropped my towel and open the shower door and stepped inside. I took his cloth and squirted some of his body wash onto it and began washing his scrupled back and down his legs. He stiffen for a moment but soon relaxed to my touch. "James?"

"Hum?"

"You ok?" I said now lathering shampoo in my hands and into his hair.

"Ya baby I'm fine. What's with the royal treatment? Isn't this your big day?" He stated rinsing off his hair.

"You're deflecting the question Soldier now spill." I said cocking an eyebrow to him. "Your not telling me something and I know it."

"Noting for you to worry about Doll." He stated sill not facing me. Sure right. Not tonight Em. He'll tell you in his own time.

"I don't think I want to be an Avenger. The only thing I ever wanted to accomplish was agent status. I..." He turned around me looking at me intensely as I began to wash the front of his body. My hands travelled down his neck to his sculptured arms and chest. 

"Tell me that again Phoenix." I lowered my gaze from him. I didn't want to let him down now the team.

" Just haven't made up my mind yet about that" I mumbled. He immediately took the cloth out of my hand and placed it onto the shelf.

"What did I tell you about your eyes agent? Always look at your superior when your talking to them." Buck stated in a low tone giving me chills.

"Your not the boss of me." I sassed. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close, his skin now touching mine. My eyes shifted to his face trying to get a read on him. However I wasn't successful.