Company B

(The next night-Location: WWII Museum Vintage Party)
"This is stupid" I said putting on my uniform. Steve looked at me and gave a huff.

"You want to see her? Because I sure in hell want to see Reese again. So get your ass in gear that's an order." I looked at myself in the mirror. Short hair, clean shaved and a new clocking device that let my arm look normal when I wanted it. That was thanks to a generous gift from a new Cajun friend with science connections. Time looked like it had turned back.

"So we're vintage now" I mumbled.

"Apparently we've been that way for a while Buck." Steve said with a laugh.

(Ema)
"Come on hold still. You got to look the part." I held the picture up for her as Reese helped me with my hair. A killer vintage red dress and shoes along with hair and makeup to match.

"Look at it this way ladies if the way we look doesn't do it nothing will," Natasha said with a smirk as she fluffed her hair and put one some lipstick.

"Now, come one girls. We got some soldiers to impress!" Laughter filled the air. We hailed a cab and rode slightly to the event. As we got out the vintage them definitely played though. Red carpet, pinup pics and anything else Remey could get his hands on decorated the entrance to the museum's banquet facility.

(Song: Buggy Woogie Boy)
We walked though the doors leading up to a bar right out of a movie scene. Men were laughing and singing old songs. Gambit greeted us cheerfully. "Oh Cherie! You look beautiful and so do you two agents!"

"You clean up nice too Remey if I didn't know better you could pass for Howard Stark." I teased with a smile. He laughed and flashed me a smile.

"Now if you two ladies would stay here for a moment and Natasha if I may escort you tonight I will show you around." His voice carried louder then normal. I wondered what that was about. Remey took Natasha's arm and and left us wondering what he was up to.

Next to us Clint and some other gentlemen were playing cards at a table. He  looked up from a card game he had going on his loud singing voice trailing off. "Ema? You look wow! He's going to flip." I blushed.

"Not so bad yourself."

"You seen him yet?" I shook my head no. Clint gave me a grin, "Bar." He shook his head smiling returned to his card game at the table.

"Ok" I giggled grabbing Reese's arm pulling her along a little.

"I guess it's now or never." Reese whispered as she looked at me and smiled. "Let's go."

We turned the corner just in time to see two soldiers lean back from their seats at the bar gawking at us. My breath hitched as his eyes met mine. As I began walking over to him. Sargent Barnes immediately stood up looking as if I had taken his breath from him along with his words. That way defiantly the reaction I wanted! His arm, the way he looked at me; wow! That had to be the way he was in the past. When I made it to him my voice finally found me.