Devil's Backbone

We stood getting ready in the arcanely. Guns, amo, and knives for our chosen were lined up on the benches before us. "So we are taking the fight to them?" I question as I got ready for the fight of my life.

"Basically yes. That way we have the element of surprise," Steve stared loading his guns and getting his nest version of his shield ready for combat. "Ok let's do this team," he states walking out the others following leaving Bucky and me along.

"You know I rather you sit this one out," he stated in his task force authoritative tone. I just loaded my other glock not bothering to look up at him.

"Are you ignoring me?"

"No. I just don't want to have the same conversation with you I have had for the last three days," I stated bluntly turning to face him. "I'm sure you would like me to sit this one out but I'm not for several reasons one because this is my first mission as an Avenger and two because these people attacked our home. Not to mention how they have screwed with your head. So no I'm not sitting out."

"Fine!" He crossed his arms looking at me intensely.

"Fine!"I mocked crossing my arms. "You have to be kidding me. I didn't just go through all of this to sit my ass out Barns."

"Ya I know, I know ok, it's just they're crazy Doll. I don't want you hurt." Bucky grabbed his M249 and loaded it.

"I know that. But I don't want you hurt either and your going so I am too." I stated as I handed him his knife.

"Not going to back down are you?"

"Nope and you wouldn't have it any other way Sergeant." He gave me a smirk.

"No Mrs. Barnes I wouldn't. Just promise me you're be careful and like I told Wanda I expect both of you all to have each other's six."

"We will I promise." I placed another gun into my holster and more amo into my pockets. He placed his gun into his back and knifes into his side pockets.

Bucky turned and looked and me with a sigh snagging my arm and then cupping his right hand in my cheek. "I love you prinsenta my Ema."

"I love you too James. More then you'll ever know."

Moments later we stood facing them. Dang rouge want to be HYDRA agents when would they ever learn I thought. "Remember she has your six. Just focus." I took a deep breath and gave him a nod. Wanda looked at sending me a message. Ready?
Yes. Let's get the job done. The rouge agents looked up at us with an evil grin as we all ran forward with a yell.

"Em get down!"

"Em get down!"

"Bucky! Behind you! Your 3 o'clock!" Gun fire erupted again defending me. My ears ringing from its sound. I took aim and shot. It found its mark making its victim stumble and fall.

One down only a hundred to go. "Down. To your right!" Clint yelled.

An arrow zoomed passed me as I ducked behind the overturned Jeep. I gave Clint a nod of thanks and took aim again stoping another HYDRA agent with a head shot.