The Sounds of Battle

This situation room was buzzing with life. Static radio transmutations were coming in over the comps so we could hear everything that was going on. Gun fire lit up the radio.

Natasha: "One down. Go get the formula."

Sam: "I'm headed to the north side of the base. I got him. Your ten o'clock Cap."

Steve: "Bucky! Get down." My heart was now in my throat.

Buck: Two down. Grab her I'm goin' to help Sam.

The sounds of gunfire and war echoed through the room. The only thing I could do was to keep going. Clint gave my shoulder a squeeze for reinsurance.

"Southeast entrance is blocked off," an agent said. "HYDRA set it off an explosion."

"Cap southwest is blocked." I called over the comps.

As news came and information discovered it was relayed. After an hour of the sounds of war echoing through the radio the sudden silence that followed was defining.

"Keep working on the codes. Get locations and keep me posted on anything new." I said trying to calm my nerves.

"Yes ma'am," a task force agent told me.

Minutes passed slowly until we heard an explosion that seemed to rattle through the situation room. I jumped. This couldn't be happening. He couldn't be, no don't even think it Ema. Clint looked at me as I placed my hands on my knees. He quickly pulled me into a chair. "We don't know anything yet, but I will find out. Stay here." Clint said with authority. "Ema. Breath." I took in air that I so badly needed. The situation room was buzzing again along with my head. Now all I could do now was watch and wait.

(30 min. Time Skip) 

"HYDRA BASE DOWN. DO YOU COPY COMPOUND? BASE IS DESTROYED. ALL PERSONEL SAFE," Natasha shouted excitedly through the radio. Even though the message was statically, it spoke volumes. Our compound team erupted in yelling and cheering. They had done it! The base that contained the other Winter Soldiers formula was gone. I breathed a sigh of relief. Clint squeezed my shoulder and I gave him a nod of thanks. He had become a friend to me and my backup for major decisions. "You did great Ema," I heard him say. "Thanks."

"Come on they will be home soon." He took my hand and led me out of the room. "Here." He handed me my phone. "There is a number in it directly to the plane. I think you have earned level 10 clearance after all of that." I raised my eyebrow to him. "Line of duty, you know, just make that call." I gave him a smile as the phone began to ring in my hand and I walked off to answer it.

When I came back, I found Clint asleep on the couch in the common room. I woke him up. "Get up. Go home. See Laura and your kids."

"Getting rid of me already?" He joked. "Oh, I see with the smile on your face you talked to him." I smirked and walked off. "Not going to tell me huh? So what did he tell you?"

"That they will be home in a couple of days." He laughed again and got up.