Bang, Bang

Marriage was never said to be easy. Especially for those families whose spouse is exposed to defend the wold every time the wolf comes to howl at the door. Late nights, early mornings, training, and constant missions were all part of the job. In fact every law enforcement or military family could tell you that. Then you have your respected elders giving you advice that marriage is not easy but a daily struggle. The hardest job your ever have other then parenting. Mix and alpha male and the hopeless romantic that he is in love with together what do you get, especially their first years of marriage? Like the song says gunpowder and led.

(June-Present day)

"I don't get why you are all ways the one to have and go solve the CIA problem in South America. It's like there are no other reasonable people left in the world to take a mission. So what you think how does that sound?" I asked as I walked around the living room of our apartment with the phone pressed against my ear.

"Great if you want him to be pist off at you." Gambit replied in a simi muffled tone. The bar must had been hopping this afternoon.

"Ugh I just don't get it. I just feel like half the time I'm being ignored and the other part I'm supposed to be the good little wife and keep my mouth shut." My frustration growing with every passing moment. I ran my fingers through my hair and now I was talking with my hands.

"You know Buck don't want that either Cheri."

"Gambit I know then tell me what I'm espouse to do hugh."

"Not my place to say Cheri." He laughed. "Remey loves ya but..."

"Of course not but it is your place to listen to me and give me advice." I tried hard not to raise my voice at him knowing Buck was just inside the other room packing again. Ugh!

"Piss since when have you ever listen to me? Besides I'm not married and no woman can tie me down. To much Remey to go around!" I laughed. I quickly changed my tone to ended the conversation as I saw Bucky began walking down the stairs from our bedroom.

"Yes Gambie I know I know. I got to go. I'll Call you back later."

"So who was that in the phone?" His hair still wet from a shower as he emerged wearing his task force shirt and jeans carrying his packed duffel in his hand.

"Gambit. Had to run something by him. So when do you have to leave?" I placed my phone down on the end table now concentrating on his face. I folded my arms looking at him.

"Wheels up in two hours."

"Mexico again?" My tone flat and he knew where this was already going. I hated this mission. What ever was done there was something big that I was definitely not privilege to especially since his clearance level was now like Steve's a level 12 and mine as still a 10. The highest I could obtain without becoming an agent. By now he had placed his bag by the door and stood on the other side of the couch away from me. His hands holding onto the back.

"Yes." Oh great Sargent tone.

"Gotcha." My tone direct as his.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Frustration filled his voice. I took a calming breath before speaking again however it didn't help a lot.

"Nothin I just want you safe and don't get what hold this old mission has on you that's all." He glared at me coldly, jaw now set hard. I had pushed it and Gambit had warned me. Should had listen to that crazy Cajun.

"Em we been through this before. It's my job I don't have a choice where they send me sometimes. What do you want me to do huh? I just can't walk away. Hell been doing the same shit now for over..."