Snowy Night

(Time Skip-January)

I woke to snow falling outside. While this is nothing new for a New Yorker to see, for someone originally from Louisiana snow is like the best present ever! Peaceful, beautiful and most of all means a day off. I looked at the clock it was only 12:00 AM.  I heard laughter from the common room. That's right because of the snowstorm we were all staying at the compound that night. I rubbed my aching head. More laughter filled the hall way. Oh, the annual card game. It had just gotten around 10PM. I heard Steve, Clint, and Sam again down the hallway. Ugh! I am never going to get some sleep with those three making that much noise. 

At least I could at least sleep at Buckie's. I quietly got up and made my way to his room. Once again I asked F.R.I.D.A.Y to unlock his door. The looked clicked and I walked in.

He looked so peaceful laying there asleep but since he had kept me up the last several nights watching old movies, I thought payback time. And you know what they say about payback.  "Buck. . .Bucky. . . wake up and scoot over." I said giving him a light shake.

" I said giving him a light shake

"What? Who?" He said half asleep.

"A pinup girl for the 40's wanting to spend the night with you. Move over!" I had to stop myself from giggling. He finally opened his eyes to see me standing there and threw a pillow at me. Bucky scooted over and then turned and tangled me up in his arms.

"Most beautiful pin up girl I ever had in my arms" he mumbled in my neck.

"Come on Barns. It's snowing and the annual boys' card game woke me up. Besides you owe me. You kept me up watching movies for the last several nights." He laughed again.

"So tell me again what was keeping you up?" he said again still half asleep.

"Steve was making out with me in my bed." I said flatly.

"What!?" Now he was awake.

"Oh now your awake. The card game silly.  You guys are going to give me gray hair." I said with a giggle snuggling in his arms. "Come on it's cold outside. At least we can cuddle and talk for a little." His arms now tighter around me with one leg over mine.

"Fine," he mumbled. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything. " I said as he began placing kisses on the back of my neck.

"I bet you did that lot to girls back in your old days. Probably had a line of girls waiting for you to kiss them." I said teasing.

"Are you flirting with me doll?"

"Of course you probably looked as hot in your uniform as you do now. You know your new uniform looks even better then the old one."

"Going to keep flirting? You know you have been flirting with me since you got into my bed sweetheart." He said between the kisses he was placing on the back of my neck again.

"Maybe so but it's not like you don't enjoy it blue eyes" Bucky pulled me closer tangling more up in his arms. I knew he was smirking.

"Oh I'm enjoying it honey. Besides that's like the fourth time you flirted with me since you got into my bed. If you keep talking like that I may have to bend a knee right now and ask you to marry me." I felt a smile on his lips as he pressed them against my shoulder.

"Augh, I. . ." now I was the one out of words. Did he want to marry me? Was he thinking about that? The thought had crossed my mind several times but we had never officially talked about it. I stiffened in his arms for a moment.

"Well maybe that is something we do need to talk about," he said a little husky. I turned to face him and set up beside him. This was going to take a while. Bucky flipped on his bedside light and looked at me. He took me and pulled me onto his lap. I looked down and he raised my chin back up with his right hand with his left hand holding me. "Tell me what you are thinking don't shut me out, Doll."

"You really have thought about this? I mean marrying me?" Bucky nodded yes. "You know what you are getting into right? I mean I do have a past and I'm hard headed, an a helpless romantic, and I'm scared I will lose you every time you go off on a mission and..." My rambling was interrupted by a chuckle.

"If your trying to talk me out of this cause it's not working."

"Just giving you all the facts." I stated calmly.

"Still not talking me out of this but please continue Ma'am." His Brooklyn accent thick.

" I love you and your my world and I want to be with you for the rest of my life and one day I would, I ugh would love to marry you." I trailed off. Not knowing what else to say.

"I don't care about your past Ema. I have one too that's covered with blood. I just want you for the rest of life. No matter how long I got left in it. I love you and I can't imagine goin' through this world without you," he said looking into my eyes. He reached up clumping my face with his flesh hand as the other rubbed my back. "So yes, I do want to ask you one day and I'm hoping you would say yes."

"Well, Sargent I guess you have to ask me first?" I said with a small smile on my face.

"So are you saying you would say yes?" Bucky's asked as his blue eyes shining.

"Like I said, you have to ask me first."