Broken Minds Part 2

(Later that Day-Yurt: Steve POV)
"I'm going to stay with you for a while. Just in case you have any nightmares or need anything," I stated as I placed food onto our two plates as Bucky sat beside the fire.

"Do what you want I'm sure Captain America has better things to do then to take care of a simi stable 100 year old man right now."

I gave him a huff. "At least you are joking now. Here eat this." I placed the plate in front of him. "Fish and wild rice."

" Smells good." He gave me a nod and ate quietly. I sat down across the fire from him. Bucky looked up at me every few moments. I could tell he had something on his mind "So when did Alpha get a dame Steve? Who is she really?"

I looked down at my food as I mumbled "I told you. Your partner."

"Since when do I have a partner?" I looked up now to see him looking at me intensely. His lips pressed together hard waiting for a good answer.

"Since I made you ass get one when I couldn't get away to go on missions with you."

"I don't remember her but I remember her smile and her eyes. That's it nothing else about her."

"You two are close. Share everything together. It's ugh complicated." I stood up taking his finished plate from him. "I think that's enough questions about Ema for today."

"Just one more. Where's she from?" I heard him ask as I turned placing the dirty plates into a bucket.

"Louisiana."

"That would explain the accent." I just chuckled turning back around.

"Ya I guess it does pal. I don't even think about it anymore. Guess I've gotten used to it." Over three years knowing her and that's what you want to know. God please remember her. If not its going to tear her apart inside. "Get some rest Buck." He lied down by the cracking fire as the night settled in over us.

Two nightmares later he was finally back to sleep. I took out my cell and texted Ema.

1:40 AM (Steve) He's ate. Asked questions about you and had two nightmares. I just wanted to let you know.

1:42 AM (Ema) I've been so worried. I can't sleep. Wanda is with me but it doesn't help. I just want to be there for him. He doesn't know me, so I know I can't. . .it wouldn't help him right now.

1:45 AM (Steve) He will give it some time. Night Ema. Get you some rest.

1:47 AM (Ema) I will come by tomorrow for a visit. Night Steve.

(The Next Day~Bucky POV)

It was mid afternoon when I decided to emerge from my yurt. Steve had gone to get some needed supplies. My memory was still foggy, but I now had a better understanding who Ema was at least. Flashbacks from the battle played in my mind. I closed my eyes tightly clearing my thoughts for a moment, when I opened them back up I saw Ema.  She walked along the side of the river towards the yurt. Some children ran and greeted her. She bent down and gave them a hug and laughed with them. One boy handed her a flower before running away with his friends. They spotted me and waved. I waved back and turned my attention on her.  She gave me a small glance but froze. Her fingers played with a pair of dog tags that hung loosely around her neck. Steve has said Ema and I were close. He had told me a lot of basic info about her but I knew from what he had said she had not been in the service.  She stood gazing out toward the river lost in her thoughts. I approached her quietly trying to read the name on the tags but her fingers covered up that info.

 I approached her quietly trying to read the name on the tags but her fingers covered up that info