Invitation

Zhi Ruo's POV

"I told you. I don't need any help. Go back to class instead." I said in stern to Dylan.

I am currently serving the detention by cleaning the faculty room. Dylan is technically excluded from all of this but he's a buggy.

"Come on. In any way, just let me help you." He stated.

I shook my head.

To be honest I can do this by myself. I can do chores, I grew up cleaning each rooms we have for rent.

"I told you, justㅡ" I stopped talking when I heard a squeaky noise. I turned around and saw him already mopping the floor.

"No. Don't bother yourself, I can do this." He said.

Watching him mop the floors is a rough one. He can't do it right, but I bet he's trying his best.

Good for him. I do hope this is not a show off anymore.

"Ruo?"

"Yeah?"

"If I clean the floor will you not be mad at me anymore?"

I looked away. I'm still not convinced. He's like this today and tomorrow he will definitely change or so.

I just shrug as a response and continue cleaning.

_______

Dylan Wang's POV

Nope.

Not gonna work for her.

I just have to wait until she accept my apology. Oh holyㅡDylan are you actually listening to yourself right now? Why am I getting concern about her?

(TIME SKIP)

"Dylan? Someone is here to see you." I paused from spacing out.

"Oh, Ye Hua." I let out a weak smile, it just kind of pains me to see that a beautiful lady can go through a terrible state, depressed.

"Hi.." She paused, "I was wondering if you could help me get this to your class president?"

Ye Hua pulled out a white envelope. "This is for the weekly contribution. Mr Lao said it should be given to a student named Jing in grade 12."

That make sense.

"Okay no problem. Shall we go then?" I asked, "yeah?"

"But before that can we stopped by at the canteen? I'm hungry."

"No problem." I replied and started walking beside her.

________

Yuyan's POV

A day earlier. . .

"So honey, your birthday is coming real soon. What do you want to do?" My father asked as he folds his newspaper down.

I bit my lips. "Well I was wondering if I could invite few of my friends and classmate to our villa in Chengdu?"

My mum turn to look at me. "Just in Chengdu? Honey it's okay if you want to go to our villa in Beijing. It's a lot more spacious."

"Hmm, I will think about it because I want to celebrate my birthday in a relaxing way."

I'm visualizing my birthday to be at the beach or just a place away from the loud place. Well Beijing is a good one but it's a city.

"Just let us know what you want, Yuyan. We will provide you everything you want." My parents smiled.

"Thank you, Dad."

In the midst of eating my dinner. My mom suddenly asked a question. "Honey, that friend of yours. What's her name again?"

You mean my best friend?

"My best friend? Zhi Ruo? What about her?"

"Well..have you talked about the stuffs we told you last week?"

"Ohㅡuh not yet. She's busy and I don't want to shock her."

"The sooner the better." Mom quoted.

Ugh. That again.

_______

Current day . . .

I sighed as I watch Ruo enters the entrance of the cafeteria. She's covered in dirt and sweat. It must've been hard for to clean the whole room.

I just kept my gaze on her until she reached my table.

"Hey.." Ruo greeted me. I gestured her to sit down, "Drink this." I offered my smoothie.

"Thank you girl." She let out a weak fainting smile.

"Yeah I finally get to see you! It's been 84 years." I joked, using a titanic infamous lines all of a sudden.

She laughed. "I just didn't get to see you the half day you know."

"Yeah but it's like forever?"

"It's tiring. I'm so tired I just wanna sleep until I got bored you know." Ruo complains, taking a huge sip on her smoothie.

"Well that's cool. Tire yourself." I paused. "BECAUSE, I have something to tell you!"

She arch her brows. "What is it?"

"I'm inviting you and few of our classmate to our villa either in Chengdu or BeijingㅡWhat about you? Where do you prefer?"

I think asking my best friend could give me little help? I can't choose now that both of my parents want me to visit the Villa in Beijing instead of the ones we have in Chengdu.

"You have a villa in those places?" She asked, amused.

I just simply nod. "Yeah..so tell me which do you prefer to stay in?"

"Definitely not in Beijing." She responded abruptly.

A hint dropped.

"Ha! You don't want to go to Beijing because of.." A sly smile crept onto my face.

"Please no, I'm just kind of you know I don't wanna fight anymore. Just pick Chengdu."

"Beijing it is."

Ruo almost fell off her chair. It was the best reaction I've ever seen in my whole entire day.

"I will tell my parents about this then I will distribute an invitation to the other people I'm close with." I informed her.

"Yeah right. Dylan is excluded right?" She asked right away.

"I will think about it. I'm his classmate and a seat mate of yours after all. That would be rude if we don't invite him."

_______

(A/N) There was an error yesterday that is why I had to republished the chapter twice!

Thank you for reading, I appreciate your votes so much!

💜