Script

School Theater.

"Kids, here are your scripts. Be sure to memorize them. Alright?" Mr. Tig handed the Grade 11 and 12 bunch of papers.

"For those who got the supporting role, stay in this side. And for those who got the main role please stay in front." He ordered and gestured the students to sit down in the floor.

Mr. Tig clasped his hands, gaining attention. "For now, we will only have to read and be familiar with your lines. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Mr. Tig." Everyone responds back.

"Miss Ruo." He called out, "Ye-s, sir?"

"I want you to meet me at my office tomorrow. OK?"

Ruo nodded her head, confused. Ye Hua and her girls laughed at the back whilst Dylan stares at them.

_____

Dylan Wang's POV

"Ugh. I quit! I can't do this." I threw the paper on the floor.

Kuan picked it up, "Hey, it's just the first part?"

Connor shook his head. "If you couldn't do it why would you took the role?"

My eyes landed at the window. "For grades."

"Is it, really?" Caesar asked in doubt.

"Uhuh? What else do you think it is, huh?"

"Well, let me think..." Caesar flicked his fingers, "your ex?"

"N-no." I stuttered.

Connor laughed while snatching the papers away from Kuan.

"Denial." He said.

"Tell us honestly. You never do this kind of stuffs Dylan." Kuan crossed his leg, laying his back at the leathered sofa.

I kicked the rug making Caesar looked at me with a terrifying face. It's his house, by the way.

"Mum would kill me if that rug got damaged." He warned us. I only looked at it.

"Meh, back to the subject. Dylan, what's the reason?" Caesar asked.

I give up.

"Fine, I wasn't really aiming for grade BUT I mean I still do, ugh. Anyways I wanted to be Ruo's only partner." I scratched my head.

"I don't want her to be paired up with Coen."

That's it. I spilled it.

"Oh." Kuan commented. "Why is that?"

"I don't know. I just want to? Plus I want to improve my acting skills." Dylan stroked a 'handsome pose'. "Plus in fact with this face? I think I could take part on some huge television dramas."

The three froze, No one responded at all.

"Ugh. Never mind, I'm going back to school for practice." I stand up from sitting and took the papers away.

In the midst of walking to the theater room, Ye Hua met me. I didn't react I just let her be—she wraps her arms around me and started walking.

This is the very first time I've seen her since the morning. I don't have any idea where she went earlier.

"Babe?"

"Ye-yeah?"

"I've heard that you were going to be a prince guy in the coming school play."

"Uhuh, what about it?"

"Well, I was wondering if the princess who got picked changed her mind and take over the role?"

I chuckled, I don't know what to say to her.

She doesn't want me to interact with girls, am I right?

I stopped at walking and faced her with a serious expression. "Ye Hua, if you're thinking what I'm thinking, you better not think that."

"What? I just wanted to be part of the stage play." She groans, "Do you not understand that?"

"My mum is going to see me, as well as my dad so I better not screw this up. I want a bigger lead!"

Bigger lead? Well that's bullsh—

"Is that what you wanna do? To show off?"

"Show off?" She crossed her arms, "I'm not showing off."

"The why are you acting like this?"

"Because..." Ye Hua started sobbing. Dylan obviously panicked and hug her right after.

"He-y don't cry." He slowly pat her hair.

"I really cannot do anything to give you that role." He spoke.

"I cannot take my role—I'm a freaking disgusting witch." Ye Hua said leaving Dylan surprised.