Offer

Zhi Ruo's POV

I walk myself out of embarrassment. I also couldn't stop myself from blushing.

Oh forget it. It was just an accident, it could've been worse.

I composed myself then stopped by to my locker.

A paper fell off right after I swing open the door. It was a poster, our school pageant — another thought hit me.

Am I really going to participate or not?

What should I do?

I can't do this. I'm not good at doing my make up and everything.

I lean my head against my locker, looking up the ceiling. I think I'm not that worthy to represent our class.

"Ouch." I flinched when some student stepped on my toes.

"Oh, I'm sorry." A certain girl said apologetically.

"It's alright but." I looked down, my white sneakers got dirt. It took me long to clean this—

"Why such in a hurry?" I scoffed.

"Ah that's because we're gonna see who's going to compete with Dylan."

Dylan is freaking everywhere these days.

"You like him?"

"Uhh yeah? He's really handsome and I'm so in love with him." She screeched.

Heck what?

"So excuse me. I have to go."

"Wait. I wanna see it too." I stopped her.

"Yeah? Sure. And by the way, I'm Ai Ren by the way."

That was fast? I normally don't introduce myself instantly.

I hesitated to shook her hand. But it would be rude if I left her hanging.

"Zhi Ruo." I smiled.

"Nice name! Let's go." She grabbed my wrist.

I just let her drag me until we reached the bulletin board where they post announcements and stuffs.

"Omg. That's him." Ai Ren gasps.

"Dylan is teamed up with boys from other years including Ni Zoa, Xu Wehao, Chen Xua and Luang Lei." She added.

That's impressing—

"The other team is composed of Rui Quan, Lu Xai, Chang Ren and Hao Ximen."

Their names sounded like a tough one. I'm not rooting for Dylan but I wish him good luck.

Ai Ren turned to me. "I'm going to watch the match tomorrow, are you too?"

I bit my lips.

Actually. I've seen Dylan play basketball back when we were in Junior High. He's quite good but he's never that serious.

One time, he just threw the ball to me and I was so freaking mad at him.

When I asked him why did he do that. His only response was, "I thought your frowny face was the basketball ring."

I'm—

"Sure. See you in the gym then."

"OK then. See you new friend!" She said before she bid goodbye.