Accompany Pt 2

Zhi Ruo's POV

Once I get dressed and prepared for our class role play I quickly head to the kitchen to meet my parents.

They promised that they will be dropping me off to school, so I have to at least be fine?

My parents were in a rush as if there was an emergency. Pa was rummaging for his keys while Ma is busy preparing meals.

Anyways, they are still going to drop me off right?

"Ma, I'm ready when will we go?" I asked, they were surprised.

"Where?" Ma paused.

"To school? You guys promised me last night."

"Oh no, honey. I forgot that we have a delivery for Mrs Chai's house and we're late." Pa reasoned out.

"Wait what? Who's going to drop me off then?"

"Why not Dylan Wang?" Ma suggested and I almost fall on the ground.

No, I won't let myself getting accompany by someone who—

"It's going to be fine. Just wait here and I will ring his place for you honey, again I'm sorry."

"No, Pa you don't have to—" I attempted to stopped him but there was no use. I got shut off with the door almost hitting my face.

_____

"Dylan, I'm giving you the responsibility to watch over my daughter. Is that OK?" Pa shamelessly ordered.

All I could do was to facepalm out of embarrassment.

He's one of our boarder yet he's looking over to the landlord's child.

Isn't

That

Fascinating?

"Pa.." I groan, "you don't have to do this." I irritatingly added.

"Don't be shy. I am sure Dylan is a good guy, right?" Pa looked at Dylan.

"Ye-s."

"No he's not." I said in a very low tone.

Dylan glared at me. "I am."

"See? I trust him. So you better trust him too."

I choked, yeah I trusted him. But not today.

"As I was saying, I want you to watch my daughter just for this day okay?" Pa asked in assurance.

He nodded. "Don't worry Mr, Zhi. Your daughter and I are great...friends."

I suddenly got goosebumps.

______

Dylan Wang's POV

Look at her.

Picking her nose and taking out some boogers while we make our way to school for another practice.

"Hey, stop doing that." I glared.

Ruo paused, "The what?"

"That." I point her nose and her nose scrunches. "Gosh, just mind your own business."

"Well I am."

"I said mind 'your' own business not mine." Ruo quoted.

"Well I am?" I paused, "You're my business to begin with." I smirked before I walk faster than her.

Ruo suddenly stopped on her tracks and I quickly turned around.

"What's wrong with you?" I walked back towards her spot and took her wrist.

"You can't handle simple jokes."

____

Zhi Ruo's POV

"Aish, stop bugging me. Seriously." I glared at Dylan.

We were already having a break after the practice. Ai Ren and I decided to go to the bench outside and enjoy the sunny weather.

However Dylan followed us AND I don't know what he's up to.

"Why is he following you?" Ai Ren let out a sly smile.

I pushed her. "Stop giving me that expression it gives me chills."

"Oh come on, why is he following you?"

"Just because my dad asked him to watch over me and now he's taking it way too seriously."

Ai Ren cracked up laughing—it was really annoying to be honest. I've been with her but I will never get used to it.

"Your dad is amazing. Hah!" She laughed again, "asking your ex to watch over you."

I rolled my eyes, "I can't wait for this to end."

"Yeah right. And class will be over, the next thing we know is going off to college."

I sighed, the truth though.

"Let's not think of that right now. It's still a pretty long way for us." I replied, Ai Ren suddenly hugged me.

I got startled. Yes, we're being dramatic right now—broad daylight.

"Let's be friends forever." She mouthed. I nodded, "Of course."

A thought of Yuyan hit me by that moment she said that—I hope friendship will last.

"Sorry to interrupt but Mr, Tig is already looking for us now." Dylan stood in front of us.

I tilt my head to get a view of him. He's unsurprisingly fine.

"But we haven't bought any snacks yet?"

"Here." He threw a carton of milk in front of me. I quickly pulled away from Ai Ren and took it from almost falling on the ground.

Thud. A box of biscuit and another carton of milk fell on the ground.

He could just hand it to me—rather than throwing it.

It's a food!

"Is that okay with you?" Dylan asked, "Yeah? But you could just give it to us in a nice way."

"You don't throw foods." I angrily said.

"OK." He responded. He's that unbothered.

Dylan was about to leave I called him once again.

"Dylan!"

He turn his head right away. "What?"

"Straw?"

"I bought you snacks already. You can buy your own straw." He bluntly said.

"He's really something." Ai Ren spoke, hugging the snacks.

I just shook my head.

He's unbelievable.

But he's thoughtful and I thank him for the snacks.

______
(A/N) Short update. Thank you for loving the previous chapters 😚

Don't forget to smile, hun!
💜