Hope

Zhi Ruo's POV

"You're finally awake." Coen spoke just beside me.

Shoot.

I quickly got up from my sleeping position and pushed him away.

What the—why am I here?

An hour ago I was at the corner store, drinking a not that strong drink and now I'm here at Coen's place?

"Wh-at NO, why am I here?" I asked him, my head was spinning.

Coen held his hands up, "Calm down I didn't do anything to you, actually.."

"What?"

"You passed out..I guess you haven't eaten yet that's why."

I am not hungry.

"No I'm not—" I got cut off from speaking because of my stomach. It was growling really loud.

Chuckling from what he heard Coen adjusted his clothes and took his keys from his coffee table.

Then turned to look at me, "Let's go."

"Where?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Let's eat then you'll go home."

"I'd like to go home."

Coen sighed while looking down on the floor, he just wanted to make Ruo not feel uncomfortable with him BUT it seems like the trouble he made was a terrible one.

That it made Ruo loose her trust with Coen.

"OK. I'll take you home then." He was about to head first but I stopped him.

"No, I can go home by myself Coen, don't bother."

I dusted off my skirt and straighten my blouse. Coen step aside to make a way for me so that I can finally go out from his apartment.

Before I fully unlocked the door, I took a glance at Coen for the last time, he's already staring at me.

"Bye." I pursed my lips after I said that.

It didn't took me a while to get out from his place and go home.

________

*Bzzz* *Bzzzz*

*Bzzz*

*Bzzz*

'Alright, alright.' I whisper to myself as I took my almost drained phone out from my backpack.

Notification: (5) new message from Dylan 💩

My face soured as soon as I saw his name coming from my notifications.

BUT then I was moved, he's concern about me.

I didn't bother to give a long response and so I continue walking straight to my street

I was surprised when I saw him typing. .

"Such a mother material

"Such a mother material." I whisper to myself once again as I finally reach my street—and no, there was no bad guys playing around. Thankfully.

Oh, wait.

I guess there is one.

"Pineapple head." I greeted him, he was leaning against the wall—busy with his phone and he wasn't even aware that I was right behind him, causing himself to startled when I called him.

His hands quickly traveled to my face and tilt it, side to side. My cheeks got squeezed, "He-y."

"Were you hurt? Are you OK?" Dylan asked shit tons of questions.

"Uhuh, so-so let go of my face." I slap his hands away.

He sighed in relief, "You made me worried sick."

"I'm fine." I said being awkward all of a sudden. Dylan rolled his eyes to heaven. "Come on, aunt is surely going to give you proper beating."

And then I forgot about my over protective parents....