Scolded

Dylan Wang's POV

"Wha-what?" Ruo was shocked. I was surprised as well, I mean wouldn't that be someone else's role?

"You don't want to be Snow White?" Mr. Tig asked.

Ruo was about to answer when Ai Ren suddenly stands up. "Sir!"

"She's just overwhelmed. She will take the role, of course." Ai Ren added.

My jaw flung open.

I swear Ruo would most likely to punch Ai Ren at this moment.

"That's great then. Let's have a practice this afternoon after school AND this upcoming weekend. Then by the end of the month we're ready."

"Sir!" Hui Yin rose his arm.

"Yes?"

"Who's going to be the prince?"

Everyone turned to looked at me.

OH HELL NO.

"It's gotta be you, Mr. Wang." Mr. Tig said.

"No, no—"

"You're not gonna be able to graduate if you refuse to join." Mr. Tig rose his left brow, one of the manners he'd usually do if he's serious.

I gulped as I sighed in defeat, "O-K. Sir, if that's the case. I-will join."

I wanted to storm out of this classroom, actually.

"Great. The two of you should be feeling lucky enough because you got the main lead." Mr. Tig chuckles as he left.

I looked at Ruo. Stunned as usual.

"Don't make fun of me." She said. I nodded my head, "Why would I? This is for my grade."

"Grade? As far as I'm concern you don't mind about your grades, you just have to attend school for diploma." She bluntly added.

Maybe she's right.

______

Zhi Ruo's POV

"I hate you," I told Ai Ren as we got out from our classroom.

"What? Atleast you're going to be Snow White. I guess I will be the witch." Ai Ren laughs.

"I'm not good at acting and I'm sure I will only embarrass myself in-front of others."

"Pshh. Oh please Ruo, you're already AND always been an amazing actress."

I scrunch my nose. "Huh?"

"You didn't know? You're always been pretending that you don't have any feelings for Dylan." Ai Ren paused, "That's an acting."

"Ugh I f-" My hands travelled to my hair and messed it up.

Ai Ren on the other hand is laughing her butt off. "Got you good."

"But seriously though, you have to take this once in a lifetime opportunity. Also, to prove Ye Hua and her girls that you're better then they think who you are."

The truth.

I bit my lips as I looked down at the ground. Do you really think I can do this? — as if I have a choice.

"If you do well at our stage play I will treat you to hotpot!" Ai Ren said giving me a booster.

What a nice friend.

"Hmm." I tapped my cheeks, "Call."

"Okay then. Let's go to canteen and have lunch before it got filled up."

______

Ye Hua's POV

"Gurl, gurl." Two girls halted in front of me while I was busy looking at my beautiful face in the mirror of my locker.

I shift my attention to those bunch of sweaty girls AKA tryna be friends with me which is never gonna happen because I'm only friends with you know...

People with the same status as mine.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We have one good news and one bad news."

"Tell me the good one first."

"Well, we will be having a stage play along with the Grade 12 students, your boyfriend's section."

With my Dylan? Oh, that's exciting!

I cupped my cheeks—just imagine me being with him, taking it to another level and showing it off to other people!

"But gurl, you wanna hear about the bad news?"

I snapped. "What is it, then?"

"Dylan Wang is going to be paired up with Zhi Ruo as Snow White and the handsome prince."

Ye Hua's face automatically turns into a flat, her gaze sharpens as if it can slice someone. She bit the back of her cheek out of anger.

"No, she can't be possibly the Snow White. Because I am the Snow White!" I shouted, the two flinched.

"Ye Hua calm down, it's just a play. Dylan is still going to be your boyfriend." One of them tried to calm me down.

I refused and pushed her aside, "Get your hands away from my arm. No one dares to touch me."

"Hey. Aren't you a bit too much?" The other one mouthed.

I rolled my eyes. Whatever— they are all in favor with me in the end of the day.

For now I have to take that lead. I want to be Dylan's partner NOT that stupid and unwanted girl named Zhi Ruo.

(A/N: Ye Hua finally got her name right! It's not Zhu anymore Lol)

Ye Hua barged inside the faculty room and found Mr. Ting exactly on his table doing some paper works. She directly went to him without hesitation.

"Sir." She stomped her hands on the table.

"Oh, Miss Ye?" Mr. Ting paused from looking at the monitor.

"I wanted to take the role." Ye Hua shamelessly said in stern.

"What? I have given the role already to Miss Zhi and there is no other way I can take it away from her."

Ye Hua groaned in defeat, slowly crossing her arms across her chest. "Fine—if you cannot give me that role. At least make it hard for her to do her job."

"What's the point of all this, Miss Ye?"

'I think this is the good time for me to make up some stories once more.' Ye Hua thought.

"Well, Ruo thinks she's an easy go lucky person. If I were you Mr. Tig I wouldn't let my student act like that. Everyone has to work hard to achieve dreams right?"

Mr. Tig agreed. "If that's what Miss Ruo thinks of this stage play then I will make it a bit tougher for her."

"And so as you too, you've been demanding to take a part in this play. You can't do that especially to me. I suggest you should go back to your class now. The practice starts after school and I do hope you know that." Mr. Tig stated in stern leaving Ye Hua dumbfounded.

_____

(A/N) Thank you so much for appreciating me and this book. 💖