Competition

3RD PERSON's POV

Dylan runs until he reached the basketball court. It was empty, lights were off and there were no students or even players inside, surprisingly.

"Where are they?" He asked, his chest was breathing up and down.

As if on cue, a janitor came inside. It caught his attention and approached him.

"Hey, did you know where the guys who usually play here went?"

The janitor paused for a moment. "Oh-you mean those youngsters who made fun of a girl earlier?"

"Yeah. How did you know about that?"

"I was just about to clean the court but when I got in those guys were already picking up on her. I want to help the poor girl but with this age I might probably get back pains." He pointed out his back.

"But kid, I assure you that she's fine. They are scared of her they run right after." The janitor mouthed.

Dylan could only grits his teeth when he heard the old janitor's story.

"Do you have any idea where they go after playing?" Dylan popped another question.

The janitor clicked his tongue. "Uh—they often go to the parking lot of school. There's a bench there, it's their spot."

"Spot my ass." Dylan blurted before leaving.

"Thank you? You're welcome kid!" The janitor shouted from a distance.

Dylan arrived at the parking lot that the janitor mentioned. He quickly spotted the four guys, they're just having a fun. Not even realizing that they are about to experience the wrath of him.

"Who among you threw the ball at the girl earlier?" Dylan questions as soon as he halted.

His face is serious, dead serious. His jaw and a deadly glare says it all.

"Looking for me?" A guy who's a bit taller than him showed up.

"Were you the one who threw a ball towards a girl?" The guy nod his head, proud.

Dylan took a step forward, face resolutely unimpressed.

"What's your deal? Why are you making fun of girls?" He asked.

Everyone started to cheer, as if it was building a whole lot of tension.

"What? Is she your girlfriend?"

"N-o." Dylan stutters.

"Then what's the problem?" The guy chuckles.

"Just leave her alone."

"Only if."

Dylan turned around when he was about to leave the place.

"You play with us."

"Call." Dylan responded shortly.

"The sport festival is coming next week. Basketball match, My team against your team."

Dylan rose his right hand, gesturing them that he's up. Then he continues walking.

________

Zhi Ruo's POV

The bell rings.

"Why are you in a rush?" Yuyan asks as she stares at me.

"I have to go." I said as I shove my stuffs inside.

"Where?"

"Just anywhere. See you later or tomorrow maybe."