Look

Dylan Wang's POV

"I'm fine, don't be so freaking touchy." Ruo sways her hands, making a slight swooshing sound as we made our way to her house.

I laughed, she got me worried sick but her little gestures made it go away.

"And why are you stopping?" I asked Ruo, she looked pretty stiff.

"Oh, uhm I'm—"

"Ha! Scaredy cat!" I teased her.

"Oh sush." Ruo rolled her eyes then quickly push open the entrance of their house.

She's triggered.

"Where have you been?!" Mrs Zhi popped before our eyes, holding a duster whilst arms crossed.

I have to hold my breath because it was quite intense, to be honest I never imagine myself getting beaten up by my Mom.

"Ma.." Ruo spoke, her shaky voice says it all.

"I do—"

Dylan suddenly stepped out in front of Ruo. Mrs Ruo was surprised.

"Dylan dear why are you.."

"She's been through a lot Aunt, I suggest you shouldn't beat her. I'm sorry for interfering."

Without a word Mrs Zhi sighed and let Ruo inside their home, she even told her to get changed and eat for dinner.

"You owe me." I whispered to Ruo before she heads in. "Whatever."

I was about to leave when Aunt called me. I turned around, "Dylan dear, thank you for always looking at my daughter."

"Oh, huh sure thing Aunt." I scratch my head.

Such relief hearing that words coming from her parents.

But....

Now I'm hungry.

______

Zhi Ruo's POV

"Ma you really don't have to do this" I scoffed.

My parents are going to a colleague vacation trip for five days AND not just that they made a decision and it was the worst decision ever—

"With Dylan around, you're safe so I suggest that he's going to stay in this house while we're away." Ma spoke while trying her best to put a thread on the needle.

I groan and slammed my back to the couch. She suddenly slap my back, "Stop moving around you brat."

"What?" I rub my back, "Oh."

"I don't know why you're acting like this Ruo, you'll be fine—"

"I can ask for Ai Ren to come over?"

Pa chuckles, "Yeah right, trust her like you did to your so called friend Yu Yan.."

OK. I give up.

"Sush, let's not talk about it. Anyways, tomorrow we're leaving early and expect that Dylan is coming over here..AND"

I stopped at fiddling with left over cloth and looked up to her, "What?"